Question about programmed auto mode?

Jimmy The Bat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought a new d90 last weekend, and in flexible program mode you can select different combinations of shutter speed/aperture. The manual says to rotate the main command dial until the flexible program icon appears in the control panel,then turn the dial to the right for large aperture/fast shutter speeds or to the left for small aperture/slow shutter speeds. I can get the icon to appear, but cant select different combos. I turned the command dial in each direction but it doesent move from the cameras setting. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated!

Are you using the main command dial, which is what Nikon calls the back or "thumb" wheel???

Will it not allow you to select any different combinations of apertures? I was thinking maybe indoors, it would not allow you to select any faster shutter speeds because the lens was at its maximum aperture, and that perhaps you could select slower shutter speeds and smaller apertures, like f/8 at 1/3 second or something like that.

yes I am using the main command dial, and it will not change aperture or shutter speed. I was doing this in the house last night so the aperture was opened up, but I should still be able to slow down the shutter speed. I'll try it again today outside. Thanks for the reply.

Most reactions

Back