Question about setting up a contract with a potential client

Crimsonandwhite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been contacted to take some pictures for a boxer in a fight he will be in next week. He wants the action pictures for internal use within his gym and for his sponsor. I talked to him about signing something that says if they want to use the images for any external purposes then we would need to work something out. What do I need to put in wriiting and have him sign so they can be held accountable? As this is my first experience with this sort of thing, I could use any comments or suggestions that you guys could help me with....

Thanks!!!

Put in the contract anything you want and any limitations on usage. Try to think ahead to figure out any possible situation. Pretty much anything can be put into a contract and if it's signed by both parties, it's binding. Figure out what exactly he wants to use the pictures for, or what you think is acceptable use. Contracts are frequently negotiated before signing so you two might have to tweak things a bit before you both sign.

Typically for this type of thing, you would spell out what he is allowed to use the pictures for (be it display in the gym, or prints for personal use). It may be in your interest to make sure that the contract contains unacceptable use, such as selling the pictures. If they decide to use the pictures for promotion then you may want to stipulate that they cannot do so without written permission (and probably compensation). One more thing to consider...if you want to use the pictures for your portfolio, make sure that's in there as well. Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back