Question about upcoming Photo event

zapman29

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just looking for pointers. I have been asked to help out with a photo shoot for a local body building contest. Just looking for advice from people that have done this type event for... thanks in advance...

Use a CPL filter to avoid reflections off shiny bodies :lmao:

In the case of an event and a model release as part of a contract, the contract signer cannot release the rights of people attending the event, only themselves. So using images from event photography for commercial purposes is problematic.

In the case of an event and a model release as part of a contract, the contract signer cannot release the rights of people attending the event, only themselves. So using images from event photography for commercial purposes is problematic.

thanks i am on the photo team assigned to the shoot.... I was just looking for info if anyone has done this type event before...

However, being a public event people can have no reasonable expectation of privacy. About the only commercial situation that could be problematic would be subsequent image usage for advertising purposes.

Since most of TPF's forum members are in the USA: In the case of US law, using images of that type for the promotion, portfolio, or sale to individuals by the photographer would not be considered "commercial".

Of course Okinawa is a prefecture of Japan so US law would not apply there.

Most reactions

Back