Question for Pro Digital Photographers

damo2576

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

Was wondering what you do to get contact sheets to Clients - do you make them up in Photoshop and print? Email? Post on web?

Just a bit of research, thanks!

I'm not a digital pro yet, but I did have my senior portraits taken by one. The way he did it was he gave me a print of a contact sheet (don't know if he printed or got someone to). Gave us about a week to look over them. Then using a computer w/ a projector showed us all the pictures. We told him what we liked, cropped, resized, told him to edit certain parts. It worked out really well. Hope this helps ya out

when i do a job (although im not a pro yet :D) i take the photos one day, i have a 24hr turnaround time for them to look at the photos, i make a web gallery in photoshop ... upload it to my server (a private link) ... tell them to pick their 8x10's ... i put all the rest on a high resolution CD and print contact sheets for all pics....

they have 2 options, pick them up the next day or i mail it to them priority (they pay in advance first)

Dew said:
when i do a job (although im not a pro yet :D) i take the photos one day, i have a 24hr turnaround time for them to look at the photos, i make a web gallery in photoshop ... upload it to my server (a private link) ... tell them to pick their 8x10's ... i put all the rest on a high resolution CD and print contact sheets for all pics....

they have 2 options, pick them up the next day or i mail it to them priority (they pay in advance first)

When you say you put all the rest on a high resoultion CD, do you mean for your own storage or to give to the customers? by high resolution I assume you mean the pictures, so they are printable, so what stops them from ordering one pic from you and printing the rest themselves? Or do you use a large watermark/logo on the pics so they cant print them themselves?

And im not sure I follow what you all mean by a contact sheet. When I think of contact sheet I thinkof like phone number/address, but I get the impression you all are talking about say an 8X10,that has 2 columns of pictures and 5 rows, or something like that, with each picture that was taken and some sort of id?

:0)

we dont do large volume printing over here, they pay us for our time, we have no overhead since we're on digital .... they can print out as many as they want for themselves, they get high res files

a contact sheet is small thumbnail photos of all the pics, so they dont have to look at the CD everytime they need photos ..

they get two 8x10 prints, a high res CD and contact sheets for $120 per hour :D ... sometimes i offer a special for $99 (all inclusive)

Dew said:
we dont do large volume printing over here, they pay us for our time, we have no overhead since we're on digital .... they can print out as many as they want for themselves, they get high res files

a contact sheet is small thumbnail photos of all the pics, so they dont have to look at the CD everytime they need photos ..

they get two 8x10 prints, a high res CD and contact sheets for $120 per hour :D ... sometimes i offer a special for $99 (all inclusive)

$120 an hour, not bad. :0) But a good deal since they can print all the 8X10's or 12X18's they want from the files. The one place in town does 10 pictures, and you get one picture, for $70, or if you want 2 pictures, he charges $60 each, or 3 pictures for $50, or 4 for $40, all canadian money. I doubt it keeps going like that cuz eventually itll all be free, hehe. And those prices are for any size, from pocket to 12X18 I think. Your price sounds better. :0).

How many mp's are your pictures?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back