Question for the istD folks

tr0gd0o0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i've recently noticed that my istD gives really odd photo sizes. i'm starting to wonder if its something in my camera settings or if then sensor is an odd and this is something i'm going to have to just deal with. It sort of feels like i've turned on a panoramic setting or something. The measurements for my photos are about 6x10 instead of 8x10. Has anyone else had this problem and/or know how to fix it.

6x10 is about the right size, that format is based on the 35mm film formatting of 24mm x 36mm,
do the math 24/36 = 6.66/10

So yes my 10d does this too, but it is not a problem

If you're shooting RAW did you change the dpi setting in ACR? That would do it. And the normal print size for a Pentax file at the default 240 dpi at the highest resolution is 8x12 which is 3:2, or as Jeff stated 6.66x10.

Also it could be your editing software, different one may size the same file differently. I have both Corel and Photoshop, a file opened with Corel will be 28x42 @ 72dpi and with PS is 11.33 x 17 @ 2?? Dpi

If you're shooting RAW did you change the dpi setting in ACR?

I don't think i've done this, but could explain what you're talkign about because i'm not familiar with it

In Adobe Camera RAW when you open a RAW file there's a section at the bottom of the screen where you can change the resolution (dpi) and size settings.

rez_example.jpg

Changing either will change the output size of the pic.

Or... if you changed the size in Image|Image Size that would do it as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back