Question for the Mods - Are old user posts deleted?

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Are old user posts deleted to free up room for more recent posts?

How do we find our old posts?

No, we don't delete old posts. At some point, we (they) may want to archive the old posts so they don't clog down current operations of the forum, but we haven't done that yet (I've seen it on other forums).

So if you want to find your old posts, you can do that via the 'User CP'.

Also, you can go to the search page and put your name (or another member's name) into the name field. You can choose posts by user or threads started by user.

I've gone into my personal page and clicked on "find all posts" and "find all started thread" and they only go back to December 2011. I joined last summer. Where can I find all those posts before December 2011?

:scratch: Hmmmm

Try going to your 'General settings' and changing the 'Thread Age Cut Off' to all threads.

But either way, I know that you can search older posts via the search function.

Another method to finding older posts is to simply Google "The Photo Forum" + a word you know is unique to the thread you're after.

For instance, if the thread contains the word 'ambidextrous', it's pretty clear that most threads won't have that word in it.

I did what everybody suggested and no luck. I joined the forum in April 2011. I just did a search for all my posts with the "search" box and the oldest post was September 2011. I checked under my user profile and clicked "find all started threads" and "find all posts" and the oldest post there was December 2011.

What happened to my posts from April 2011 - September 2011?

That IS interesting. I tried a search using your username as well, with the same results. Well, actually, I think I didn't find anything past November 2011.

Did you check the setting Big Mike mentioned, under General Settings?

That IS interesting. I tried a search using your username as well, with the same results. Well, actually, I think I didn't find anything past November 2011.

Did you check the setting Big Mike mentioned, under General Settings?

Yep, I made that change. My posts do not seem to be on the forum anymore for some reason. I dunno.

UPDATE: This is strange. I just changed it from "all posts" to "past year" and now they are appearing? Whatever....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back