Question for you D7000 owners

While we have questions about the D7000 here is a good one. I just noticed that if a pic of the sky is taken using a low fstop like f3.5 the preview is ok and the liveview is ok -- no noticeable dirt spots. Now using a high fstop like f22 when the same pic is taken dirt or oil spots are visible and very black. These spots remain visible on the liveview until the fstop is lowered and a pic is taken. Then they disappear again. Any idea why they would remain in the liveview? When adjusting the fstop the spots didnt appear until after the pic was taken. Then they wouldnt go away until after the fstop was lowered and the pic taken.

I have many friends with D7000s and we all never had this problem before... hmm..

If you are seeing spots when shooting f22 its dust on the lens, or sensor, or in the case of mine it was huge spots that appeared more like oily blotches. My D7000 went in for repair for this as have many others if you search this forum.

Here is a sample random pic of my spots that landed a warranty job and i became good friends at Nikon repair. Spots are on the left of the pic. The two obvious blotches are between the rainbow and corner of the pic. There are blotches and spots all over though if you look closely.

20110720-DSC_2084.jpg

Perhaps you should look in your personal settings menu A 1 and A 2. There you select the AF priority for AF-C and AF-S. perhaps the AF-C is on focus priority and the AF-S is on shutter prio?

Perhaps you should look in your personal settings menu A 1 and A 2. There you select the AF priority for AF-C and AF-S. perhaps the AF-C is on focus priority and the AF-S is on shutter prio?

^^^^^that confuses me

Custom settings menu is coded by color and prefix. Red 'a' for auto focus, yellow 'b' for metering/exposure, ect. A-1 and A-2 are for AF-C and AF-S respectively.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back