question on cleaning my lens

zeppman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I have a water mark on my lens. Using a micro cloth did not remove it (I did not want to push to hard on the glass). Can I use a cleaning solution that I use on my sun glasses? The cleaner says safe to use on all lenses...

Thanks.

Sure, all lenses except your camera lenses. Camera lenses have special coatings that your eyeglasses cleaner is more than likely not designed for. Go to your local camera store and pick-up some of the good stuff, and some Tiffen lintless cloths while you're at it.

Hey everyone,

I have a water mark on my lens. Using a micro cloth did not remove it (I did not want to push to hard on the glass). Can I use a cleaning solution that I use on my sun glasses? The cleaner says safe to use on all lenses...

Thanks.

Be a man... Use Brillo! :lol:

AFTER brushing and blowing off any dust or other hard debris, just use your breath, a clean t-shirt and wipe gently.

If you do use a lens cleaning solution DON'T squirt it directly on your lens. Dampen part of your cleaning cloth with the solution.

Get one of these blower/brushes, if you don't already have one. Another good source for natural bristle brushes for all your photography glass (camera and lenses) is the cosmetics counter at a department store.

I recommend disposable lens tissue over any kind of cloth. Cloth can retain hard debris and later scratch the lens coating, or worse.

Most reactions

Back