Question to Digital Photographers Only

Do you “Chimp”

• Total voters
From what I read about chimping it is basically viewing your photos as you take them. Is that right? If so, yes I do it. I use the meters on the camera to get where I think should be about right and then take a few shots and adjust as needed. I've found this to be very useful in not only getting the right lighting, but I also share our pictures with our client to make sure we got what they are looking for. There's nothing worse then getting home from a photo shoot and realizing that your best picture had a subject with their eyes closed.

Chimping

Shutterbug – August 2004 said:
The photographers make what they think is a great image, review it on the LCD screen, and make sounds like “ooooo,aaaaaa”

Alrighty then, I don't do that :) I just do a quick scan to make sure the lighting is right!

I am a "CHIMP"er and proud to do it. Although I don't go and make all the oooohhhhh aaaaahhhhh sounds. I continously look at the image preview to examine the historgram and see where any highlights might be blown out.

To use the LCD screen evaluate the quality of the photo beyond that is wasted effort, the LCD is just to small

I may have said ooooo ahhhh before, but I have also said oooooo mama, or other miscellaneous expressions, usually depends on the shot.. if I have been working a area for a while and no luck, then I find the right angle with the right lighting and it turns out good... who wouldn't celebrate with a little bit of oooo ahhh'ing :D

I say ooooh ahhhhh especially when my photo is awful :) Tis is the sound when i'm dissatisfied of my work :) But sometimes I say "yeah" or "mamma mia" when ot is all right :)
And of course I look on a preview, brcause I take many photos of one object just to choose the best one. I think there is nothing to complain about chimpers :) hmm ok, ok sometimes they can be annoying f.e when the make their ohhhh ahhh and your photo is a bumper :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back