Question: What happens if your model does not cooperating?

Holydeath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, today looks like it is going to be a nice day for photography. I asked my mum to be the model of the day, since she said the last photograph I took of her was looking good. However, when I prepared everything (charged the batteries and everything), she decided to wear hoodie and tracksuit bottom (a 50 years old female with hoodie and tracksuit bottom, really?) I told her to change the tracksuit bottom to some sort of jeans, but she refuses to change and go to the field with me.

Wow, I lost for words. Plus I don't know what to do now.
In my opinion, there is no point shooting a model that does not cooperate with the photographer.

You aren't shooting a model. You are taking a picture of your Mom. Huge difference.

If a model isn't cooperating, I would fire her and find another one.

When your Mom isn't cooperating, you should keep your mouth shut and do what she says.

Just my .02

But she's your mother not a model - what you do is adapt and work with the hoody and tracksuit.

If you want a model that is professional and follows your directions for a specific shoot you typically have to pay for them; or at least offer trade (typically they get the shots at the end of the shoot).

Kerbouchard said:
You aren't shooting a model. You are taking a picture of your Mom. Huge difference.

When your Mom isn't cooperating, you should keep your mouth shut and do what she says.

Just my .02

Agreed

Find a friend and tell you mom thanks for offering, but you've found someone else.

Just my .02

And then go clean you room and take out the trash.

So, today looks like it is going to be a nice day for photography. I asked my mum to be the model of the day, since she said the last photograph I took of her was looking good. However, when I prepared everything (charged the batteries and everything), she decided to wear hoodie and tracksuit bottom (a 50 years old female with hoodie and tracksuit bottom, really?) I told her to change the tracksuit bottom to some sort of jeans, but she refuses to change and go to the field with me.

Wow, I lost for words. Plus I don't know what to do now.
In my opinion, there is no point shooting a model that does not cooperate with the photographer.

Since it's your mother....either agree to shoot with what she has on or actually go out and get yourself a real model who is willing to dress as you wish to shoot her

Most reactions

Back