Question?

Forum like this....eh..

LOTS and LOTS of tutorials, all up to date and new ones added every day.

Camera reviews.

Picture reviews.

Glossery of camera stuff.

Everything would need to be new and uptodate, and anything about photography must be containd in it :)

hope that helped :)

You're asking about photography sites so I'll move this over to General Photography and Camera Q&A where you'll hopefully have a better chance of more answers.

What would I like to see? A fast server! Too many sites out their take an age to load and are full of adverts and code which bog down your computer.
Erm, lots of detailed articles on techniques and personal opinions. Lots of sites have articles but few of them go into detail and give you as much information as they can. They're either written with the assumption that the reader knows something about the subject before they start reading or the writer was lazy.
A forum is great, if it a nice blend of users (like this one).

everything that was said before- forums are the best though.

Also i htink it would be good if on a site they had a colleciton of perfect photos and then an article on what made them so good. Ive learnt to judge this myself now but it would be a good thing for people ust learning. It would be an easy way to learn how to recognize good photos and help learn compsosition skills rather than just the usual aperuture, shutter and things like that tutorials

Aside from the valid points above, here are some random thoughts:

Quality content is the key to a good site. Start your design stage with a mission statement about what you're trying to achieve, and then achieve it without messing around.

Check and double-check spelling and grammar. Less is more as they say, and this is especially true of a visual medium like the internet.

Easy on the flashy stuff - keep sites simple and they'll be faster. There's nothing more frustrating than sites which muck you about, rather than giving you the content you're looking for.

No pop-ups, banners, adverts or other useless rubbish - pay for hosting that doesn't mess people around.

Information must be up-to-date. Reviews, news articles, prices etc. must all be relevant or they are useless. This is what takes the time - a website can totally take over your life, even if it's only relatively simple.

Good Luck!

Rob

No pop-ups, banners, adverts or other useless rubbish - pay for hosting that doesn't mess people around.
Lots of sites out there simply wouldn't exist without adverts on their site. They're put on their by the site owners to help pay for the hosting which can become VERY expensive. I don't like pop-ups, flash or shockwave stuff. But I'd rather have them and a site to use than no adverts and no website.

I meant more that I wouldn't be as keen to manage (or visit) a site hosted on one of the freebie bulk webspaces as they have a habit of using less-than-reputable automated advertising banners which are a source of spyware/malware and ad tracking "click yes" type nastiness.

I agree with all what's been said.

I really would like to be able to find good information about equipment: technical details of everything, reviews and opinions from users. I think that links could help a lot with this (otherwise that would result in a huge amount of information to store), specially for the technical data.

Also some how-to's. But not those tell-you-everything, but rather basic and concise information that can help the beginner start trying herself.

Just one more point for you to bear in mind with links out - the large manufacturers will often use dynamic content sites which are subject to change - especially for things like searchable spec sheets. This can make your links a nightmare as you constantly need to check they work correctly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back