Question!

EileenHui

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, i went to a concert at the park. Afterward, I took a picture of my friend. But I found that on the pic, there are some "light" (I'm not sure how to describe it) on her body。

I'm wondering what I might have done wrong and lead to these? Thanks!

4795147375_e209f01003_b.jpg

Yup - I'd say that is a lens flare...

Ohhh, I see!

Is there any way that I can prevent the unwanted lens flare?? I know some of them look great in the pictures! But sometimes it may not??

Spirit orbs sound a bit scary.. haha~!

Avoid framing with a bright object such as street light in your example inside the photo.

Some lens (or camera with non interchangeable lens) do a better job on minimize the lens flares than others

Well - I normally get them sometimes when I take photos in broad daylight and don't use a proper lens hood / try my usual get the sun out of the picture but still there) So for daytime photography my first suggestion would be to use a proper lens hood.

For night time photography - are you using any filters? One thing that might help for night time shots is to remove any filters you have on, maybe even use a hood for night shots...

In Post-Processing it is possible to get rid of them though should they happen, even if it is a very tedious process.

Thanks, IlSan.

I didn't use any filter, but I will try to use the lens hood next time and see, I always thought that lens hood only for daytime use only!

FYI:
Lens hood will not solve the issue with the example you posted since the light source was inside the frame.

Ohhh,,, maybe get the light source out and focus on the person will be better?

Because I cannot hold my camera steady, so I'm always afraid of taking pictures at night!

Most reactions

Back