Questions from Drex

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is term used for the name of the photographer that appears on professional-looking photos? Is it a signature, logo, etc.?

I think I may be getting my eye trained to the point I am deciding to start adding my own signature, logo, etc. to the photos I decide are good enough to do so with.

Last question:
When I do add "Craig Myran Photography" to a photo, it tends to look cheap. Does anyone have suggestions, best practices, insights into how to make a signature, logo, etc. look appealing?

Thank you in advance for any assistance/education.

BTW: I realize that this may have been explored in a previous thread. I don't want to seem like I cannot be bothered to look, but I figure that this forum is so active that there is likely a little of everything photo-related having been discussed already. Bringing up a past subject may tick a few people off, but like I said, I am sure there are hundreds of different questions that have already been answered but bringing it up again, in my mind, allows the question to be answered by new eyes and minds.

What is term used for the name of the photographer that appears on professional-looking photos? Is it a signature, logo, etc.?

It's a watermark and could be a logo, copyright notice, or both.

Last question:
When I do add "Craig Myran Photography" to a photo, it tends to look cheap. Does anyone have suggestions, best practices, insights into how to make a signature, logo, etc. look appealing?

I agree. Most of the time it detracts from the photo. Keep it small or leave it off entirely and only post copies to the web that are of low enough resolution to not be useful to some one who might steal the image. Another solution is to have a background layer forming a border to the image with the copyright on it instead of the image itself.

My personal opinion is that I don't care one way or the other, but then I don't make a living off the images either.

All of my images so far are just stock photos for the community-at-large and so I don't think you can steal from the free store. I do like the look of a signature with a nice photo if its done properly, I just don't seem to have the knack for it yet. For the most part, I do agree that it is usually distracting however. I like the idea of a background layer with the logo, I'll give that a go in the near future. Thank you for the insight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back