Quick help please -d70 or d40x?

lilmorecowbell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have the d40x and like it but I know it is missing some features such as the ability to be compatible with several lenses in autofocus, and for example, a dept of field preview. A girl I know is selling her d70 - body only for less than $300. Is it worth buying it? Does anyone know about the d70 or if it is truly a 'step up' from the d40?
Thanks!!

If you know you'll be using non-AF-S lenses, do it. even though it has a smaller LCD and archaic firmware, the D70 is twice the camera the D40 is.

If it is properly working then the D70 would win hands down. I'd much rather use second hand professional gear than new crap.

yeah that's what I've heard too...along the lines with what everyone has said...I was at a camera store where I mentioned to the owner that I want to save up for a D40x and he they're a piece of 'crap' compared to a D70. I thought he was just blowing smoke so I'd buy the D70 he might be gettin in but then again, how would I know since I'm just starting out as well...

I just want to clarify and make sure you know I am talking about the d70, not the d70s... does that make a difference? Hmmm, I think I might just get it!! :)

go for the d70. i use mine professionally sometimes. great camera.

the only differnce between the d70 ans d70s is firmware. you can install that firmware on the d70, i'm pretty sure

go for the d70. i use mine professionally sometimes. great camera.

the only differnce between the d70 ans d70s is firmware. you can install that firmware on the d70, i'm pretty sure
The 70s has a bigger LCD, the blinking light thing got fixed, and the flash goes wider i think.

D70, no question about it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back