Quick Question about CS4? (Camera Raw Problem)

Airforce1akab

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Using a MAC if that helps any!

First and foremost, let me apologize if this has been bought up before, I really have no time to go searching, as im trying to complete this project in the next few hours...Im sure it is something simple Im doing wrong, but when I go to convert the image and open it from bridge the window does not open all the way...here is an example, any solution will be great!

Picture2-2.png

Thanks,
Bryan!

Last edited:
not exactly sure what your problem is, but have you tried just opening it straight from photoshop instead of from bridge (if it's not a RAW image, use "Open As" from the file menu (assuming Windows) and choose "Camera Raw" from the dialog that opens. (from memory, the dialog may have a slightly different wording but I don't have it here to check)

I would close bridge and any other non urgent programs first maybe to free up a little resources in case that is the problem.

Sorry for lack of Information, Ive added that this is a MAC, it opens up Jpegs just fine, but the camera Raw conversion window is the one that semi opens like in the picture.

Well I'm not too mac savy, but maybe try restarting your computer. It doesn't look like a normal behavior of the program or a settings issue or anything like that. Does anything else freeze up on you when that happens? If you have several things open all at once and are working with big files (as a RAW would be) you might just be using too much bandwith/memory for the computer to handle.

That's about all I've got. Sorry if it doesn't help.

I think your problem is that the picture is being opened in "Standard Screen Mode" pressing the "f" key should get you the correct screen mode.
This can be automated with an action, Start a new recording, select "Insert Menu Item" from the action palette fly out, then select View - Screen Mode - "Maximised Screen Mode" and stop the recording.
With this acton you can auto run it when a new document is opened.
Just set up this action in File - Scripts - Script Events Manager..

MountainPaul Thank you VERY much, when I hit the f key, I got the correct screen mode as you stated...Now I just have to figure out the whole recording thing.

Most reactions

Back