Quick Question

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I bought my first dslr this year, I have noticed Im asked by others to take their photo with their P&S cameras. More so in a touristy location. My question for anyone else that has experienced this or similar situations, do you modify the settings on the camera before shooting. Most of the time the PS in on auto everything, making it nearly impossible to get the best shot at times. Do you modify settings, even if it’s a stranger?

I would say, if a tourist hands you their P&S on full auto for you to take a picture of them, all they are looking for is a documentation of the fact they were in that place together, and they are most likely used to the quality that the P&S camera produces. I think that if you frame the shot right, it's in focus, and the light is good, they will be happy. It's not like they can hold it against you if it's crap because of THEIR equipment, that they have just thrust upon you.

I have experienced that very phenomenon. No, I do not alter their settings. But what I usually do is to take at least 2 different pictures at different crops. Seems people's expectations of a snapshot are quite different. Some just want to document they were at a certain place and they're OK with being very small in the shot, and other want their picture taken and the background is secondary, so I try to do both whether they ask for it or not.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back