Quick response required!

Force of Nature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
force-of-nature.deviantart.com
Hey all,

Sorry I been away a while but life has been hectic!

I have a problem. Im shooting a band at a gig tomorrow night and Im not sure

1) If I can use flash
2) what iso film to use.

My tutor said I could use iso 400 and clock it up to 800 and under expose and lengthen the development process?! Ive never heard of this. Has anyone done this? How does it come out?

I really have no idea how bright the stage is going to be lit, I really have no idea and I think flash would ruin the shots. What does everyone think?

Lemme know asap.

It's called a push. Get some Tri-X 400 and expose it like it's ISO 800. Then overdevelop; how much will depend on the developer you're using.

My new favorite for band/bar photography is Tri-X with Diafine developer. I shoot the Tri-X at ISO 1250 (some folks go 1600), and develop as per the instructions that come with the Diafine. It's $10 to $15 for enough to make 2 1 gallon solutions, and it doesn't wear out; you can keep using it and using it.

If you do a lot of this kind of photography you should invest in a fast prime lens. A f/1.8 50mm should be pretty inexpensive.

I almost always use flash. If you want to get more of the ambient light, you can always use it with a slow shutter speed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back