What's new

Quill

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I`ve realized I`m processing a lot of my images the same regardless of what the image asks for so I`m trying to keep my mitts off of the clarity slider and forcing my images into a pigeon hole I`ve created, yesterday I shot one of my feathers and this is the shot I liked best.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!


Quill

 
WOW...just WOW. Love it pix!:thumbup:

Edit: I thought it might be a little dark, but lightening it completely changes the mood. It's a keeper as is. :thumbup:
 
Last edited:
I love the left side rabbit, but I'm not sure how I feel about the bottom right. The left side is so sleek, and the bottom right looks ruffled.

As far as edits, I like the original.
 
Thanks Rick :) I got to sneak a peek at your edit and that is EXACTLY what I did to it first when I started editing, then it started chewing at me that I lost the ``feel`` I started with. Your edit was an absolutely viable edit, it is actually a white feather ;) but it`s not the feel I was going for ;)

Thanks Tiller :) I was a little on the fence about that area myself, I really like the `sweep` of the spine and I thought the break in that area added a little contrast to the lines, perhaps it`s just breaking them with no payoff?

Here is another version with no downy feathers.

 
Hey pix, I'll turn my future project over to you since you jumped the gun and cheated :lol:
Believe it or not, I actually have a small bag of white feathers sitting next to me within arms reach.
My idea: Water beads up on feathers. My thought was to play some macro games with that, and maybe incorporate a mirror with a black background in some of the shots.

Eh, I'm more into barns and weathered wood anyway.
 
I like the original because of the sweep from left to right. I just wish that corner was straight :mrgreen:
 
Hey pix, I'll turn my future project over to you since you jumped the gun and cheated :lol:
Believe it or not, I actually have a small bag of white feathers sitting next to me within arms reach.
My idea: Water beads up on feathers. My thought was to play some macro games with that, and maybe incorporate a mirror with a black background in some of the shots.

Eh, I'm more into barns and weathered wood anyway.

Ha! No deal you must play! :P I've pondered the same shoot so many times, I've sprayed the feathers and given a couple a try but I'm never happy with the droplets :( I can't seem to get those nice plump delicate drops that I'm trying to get, perhaps some glycerine?

I like the original because of the sweep from left to right. I just wish that corner was straight :mrgreen:

Yes, that sweep in the OP is my favourite part of the entire series I took ;)

Very nice, I love the mood and I quite like the downy feathers in the original because that's what feathers look like!

Thanks Weepete!
 
I love it!

I saw your second one, and I love the first one more... I like the way the downy feathers add to the softness and flow of the images.

Great job! :sillysmi:
 
Thanks E! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom