Quit smoking, started vaping, feel a lot better.

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howdy friends, I was curious to know if anyone on the forums was a fellow vaper.

I quit smoking last year, and started vaping. Using only liquids that were derived naturally (Vegetable Glycerin, no Propylene glycol). And through doing so, I made a few progressions as far as what vape I started with to where I'm at now.

I started with one of those junky EGO battery tank/combo. Prone to leakage and not a very satisfying vape.

I recently upped the ante and got a Smok Xpro M36 and a Kangertech Sub Tank (designed for coils with a resistance of less than one ohm.)

It was ~$100 USD for the setup, but man, it's good. That being said, I'm fairly new to vaping. If you have questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Here are some very poorly executed photos from today.

ibxFfXItXBQjC2.jpg

joLEqbti5d9Wp.jpg

jmTZB79T1NmET.jpg

jcZwJVx5O8DsU.jpg

Some people said it looked like a screwdriver or something from Dr Who? Any ideas? Others thought it was a blow torch. It is quite comical all the looks I get.

Skip the e-cig. Get a Pax 2. Vape the good stuff.

Skip the e-cig. Get a Pax 2. Vape the good stuff.
lol, I just got a GravLabs Turbine. I don't have another $200+ to throw at the Pax. ;-)

Turbine - Grav Labs

Designed by Steve Bates. He's friends with one of the shop owners around here. We've hung out a few times. One of the few guys in glass blowing that has a scientific glass blowing degree.

Okay Gary, thanks for your opinion, you have a great day!

I wouldn't want to hang out with anyone who didn't have at least one vice.

First it's vaping nicotine, then butane honey oil hash, then they move on GHB and finally LSD in its natural liquid state. When will the madness end????
anim_joint.gif

I do not really find any of those intriguing other than the vaping and perhaps the BHO, but I was looking to keep this thread on topic please and thank you.

Again, I'm asking nicely. I would like to keep this on topic, and you're not really doing that. I've read the studies, and I've also done my own research. I buy from companies that disclose their ingredients and are reputable. I only buy VG (vegetable glycerin - food grade) liquids. I even go so far as to use organic cotton coils. So if you're going to try and exercise some sort of internet machismo by posting on my thread, rethink your strategy. I'm more informed about a topic that you just googled for the first time today.

Again, I'm asking nicely. I would like to keep this on topic, and you're not really doing that. I've read the studies, and I've also done my own research. I buy from companies that disclose their ingredients and are reputable. I only buy VG (vegetable glycerin - food grade) liquids. I even go so far as to use organic cotton coils. So if you're going to try and exercise some sort of internet machismo by posting on my thread, rethink your strategy. I'm more informed about a topic that you just googled for the first time today.
If you were as "Informed" as you claim, you would never have started smoking in the first place and then felt the need to Vape to continue the addiction? It'm glad that you are feeling better but quitting all together would be much better than trading one potential health risk for another.

Wow the ignore feature has been significantly improved.

I don't mind vaping since its infinitely more pleasant than cigarettes, however, I think some people think that just because it's not cigarette smoke, it's fine to do basically everywhere.

There was a guy I sat next to very briefly in a college class that would freakin vape while the professor had his back turned. If someone wants to vape in relaxed company that's fine, but a classroom is a captive audience that probably doesn't want to take notes through a fog of scented vapor.

I'd much rather hang around people who vape than people who smoke, though. At least if one of my friends is vaping at a bar or at a party my first thought isn't "Where can I sit/stand to best avoid the brunt of that all night" like with cigarettes.

And compared to the effects of smoking, I've heard from people that their health does improve after going off cigs and vaping instead.

Congrats on quitting.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back