Quitting Smoking

I've been smoking on and off since late '00-01 due to stress imposed on me during the School Certificate and High School Certificate (exams). If someone offers me a smoke i'll take it no question but I can never bring myself to buy a pack. :???:

Prefered cancer stick: Winfield Blue

winfieldaustralia.jpg

i personally haven't/don't smoke, but i wish you the best of luck in your quitting process! you can do it!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

JohnMF we have not heard from you today.. how you doing?

Thanks for checking up on me!:mrgreen:

been busy in work so i havent had time to check back on this thread

It's approaching a week and i still haven't had a cigarette.

I was seriously tempted today though, when i went to the pub for my lunch and a pint. That was a bit tough, especially when the barmaid sat on the opposite table smoking away, with a fresh pack of twenty:drool:

oh well. so far, so good

Good on ya John!!! I know the hardest part for me at all was to be around people that smoke. I got used to it in time but you're doing awesome by making it as far as you have.

Thanks hobbes.

I think it's gonna be worse for me tomorrow, Having a night out with a few friends. If i drink too much my will power is going to fade away. If i can make it through that, i think i will be on my way

[cheesy, badly made commercial] Not to give you an out, but keep in mind that if you slip, you don't have to fall off the horse. It sucks beating yourself up for making a mistake and punishing yourself to give up. I have faith in ya bro. [/cheesy, badly made commercial]

hi, thanks for checking up!

it's going ok. I did faulter last thursday and smoked whilst in the pub. Was disapointed in myself the next day. So besides for that one slip up, i think i'm doing alright.

Just plodding along, hoping that little craving in the back of my mind will one day disapear completely

That voice gets quieter over time JonnMF.

Keep up the great work!

Some new studies suggest that continuing to smoke while wearing the patch for the first few weeks drastically improves your chances of successfully quitting. The idea is that you don't get any pleasure out of smoking the cigarette because your body is already getting a big, constant dose of nicotine. You basically make yourself keep smoking while on the patch, and the nicotine semi-overload makes smoking completely unpleasant. Then you go cold turkey, and even if you have physical cravings, you psychologically associate smoking with the unpleasantness.

And yes, i'm saying this as a smoker, who will hopefully quit some time soon.

Keep up the good work!

And I agree with Max here that convincing yourself that cigarettes are absolutely disgusting will help you quit because you won't even want to be near them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back