Rachel Rose

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photos from my recent shoot with Rachel.

1 Rachel Rose Gilmour - Daryll Morgan Studios-1.jpg
2Rachel Rose Gilmour - Daryll Morgan Studios-2.jpg
3Rachel Rose Gilmour - Daryll Morgan Studios-3.jpg
4Rachel Rose Gilmour - Daryll Morgan Studios-4.jpg
5Rachel Rose Gilmour - Daryll Morgan Studios-5.jpg
6Rachel Rose Gilmour - Daryll Morgan Studios-6.jpg

My favorite is 5.

#2 and #5 standout here.

im curious, asking for a friend, do you direct your models to never look at the camera? I'm not saying it's wrong or right, but I do notice a trend in your portraits that your models always have a distant stare.

Good solid lighting in these, but... two things I'm not fussed on: (1) Her expression seems one of total disinterest; and (2) the dark background and dark clothing int he first three isn't ideal IMO. I also agree with @Braineack; some engagement with the camera would be nice.

2 and 5 are outstanding. She looks like she’d be a blast to work with. Knows what she’s doing and is confident in herself. Bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

2 and 5 are outstanding. She looks like she’d be a blast to work with. Knows what she’s doing and is confident in herself. Bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

#5. :boogie:

In my personal opinion (if anyone is interested) I agree with those above who like engagement with the camera. No problem with the looking away thing, I just like to see some eye contact somewhere in a set. :)

I also think 2 and 5 are the best.

I do have the model look at my camera for some shots, but it seems I almost never choose to use those shots. I'll try to keep that in mind for future shoots.

4 & 5, but as stated above she looks totally disinterested...maybe because there is no intimacy/engagement (eye contact)...the reason why I like 4 is because the eyes are hidden with the prop, it's a non-issue...

I do have the model look at my camera for some shots, but it seems I almost never choose to use those shots. I'll try to keep that in mind for future shoots.

Yes please. I usually like your work a lot but eye contact and maybe a smile or two would raise it to the next level for me. :D

Yes please. I usually like your work a lot but eye contact and maybe a smile or two would raise it to the next level for me. :D

Will do!

Most reactions

Back