Rachel

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Photos from a recent shoot with Rachel! Feedback appreciated.

RachelHindmanWeb-2.JPG
RachelHindmanWeb-5.JPG
RachelHindmanWeb-7.JPG
RachelHindmanWeb-8.JPG

Something strange with the eyes on #2. Maybe lazy eye - I have that sometimes.

I like #4

Last edited:
#3...err 4 was almost stellar.

her eyes--shes looking a little too far for me. but the lightning pattern here is excellent and gives the photo a lot of mood.

her eyes--shes looking a little too far for me. but the lightning pattern here is excellent and gives the photo a lot of mood.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Right now I see images numbered as 1,2,4,5, with a missing image number 3. In that third shot, her eyes appear wayyyyy too diverted up and to the side. Far too much sclera is visible for anything resembling a normal look, and it just looks creepy. Her forehead is too bright, needs to be burned down a bit. Overall, this set is not flattering to her. In #1, the big, loose gray outfit, whatever the heck it's supposed to be, makes her look very big, and she's fairly flatly angled to the lens, and with the arms outstretched like that it just emphasizes wideness. #2 rim-lights the line of her nose, and makes it look very large. My favorite is the last one for its photographic-ness...

Right now I see images numbered as 1,2,4,5, with a missing image number 3. In that third shot, her eyes appear wayyyyy too diverted up and to the side. Far too much sclera is visible for anything resembling a normal look, and it just looks creepy. Her forehead is too bright, needs to be burned down a bit. Overall, this set is not flattering to her. In #1, the big, loose gray outfit, whatever the heck it's supposed to be, makes her look very big, and she's fairly flatly angled to the lens, and with the arms outstretched like that it just emphasizes wideness. #2 rim-lights the line of her nose, and makes it look very large. My favorite is the last one for its photographic-ness...

The missing 3 was a test ;)

I agree with the sclera. I actually asked her to move her eyes more to the left, but every time she would either move them too far, or too little, and after awhile I just had to take the shot.

As for your other points, I think I would have to respectfully disagree with most of them to some extent, but of course I appreciate your feedback nevertheless and will keep it in consideration for future shoots.

I do agree that her nose looks a bit big in that second shot, though.

Gotcha. Thanks!

A general guideline that's good to consider is that it's more flattering for the eyes to follow the nose line than it is for there to be a lot of whites like that. It's not a hard "rule," but it does work quite often.

Most reactions

Back