Radnor Lake

SCraig

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
sc-photo-tn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Radnor Lake is one of my "Standard" spots for morning bird shots. I usually wind up there one morning out of the weekend and today was no exception.

First Light ...
2014-03-15-06.jpg

Singing Just Because He Can ...
2014-03-15-01.jpg

This guy was intently watching the creek for some Crayfish for breakfast. That's 3 weeks in a row I've seen him in the same spot ...
2014-03-15-05.jpg

Ever wondered what the talons of an Owl look like? Here's your answer ;)
2014-03-15-04.jpg

Nice set, especially that Owl. If I knew where he was going to be I'd be spending a serious amount of time there with him :thumbup:

Great stuff! And those talons! Now every time I see an owl, I'm going to think of those talons on my bald head! :D Lee

Great set!
The talon shot is fascinating just as much for the texture on the bottom of his toes, that looks super grippy!

Excellent! Especially the close-up of the talons.

Nice set, especially that Owl. If I knew where he was going to be I'd be spending a serious amount of time there with him :thumbup:

Great stuff! And those talons! Now every time I see an owl, I'm going to think of those talons on my bald head! :D Lee

Great set!
The talon shot is fascinating just as much for the texture on the bottom of his toes, that looks super grippy!

Excellent! Especially the close-up of the talons.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

As I mentioned, this is the third week in a row I've seen that owl, well I assume it's the same owl, sitting in a tree overlooking the creek. Generally he's well off the path where I can't get any closer (this particular area has rules against getting off the designated paths and there is a $250 fine if one gets caught!). Today he was sitting in a tree not 5 feet from the road. These were all shot at 15' focal distance and the only thing that stopped me from getting closer was the fact that he started getting "Twitchy" when I moved closer so I backed off some. I've never been that close to one in the wild, and was amazed that he just sat there on the limb and ignored everyone gathering to look at him.

Regarding the talons, it's important to remember that this is a pretty big bird. Those talons are probably an inch long so what they stick into stays stuck. That's another reason I didn't get much closer than I was, I really didn't want him getting annoyed with me and taking it out on my head ;)

It was well worth the walk. Gorgeous sparkling clear early spring morning topped off with that big old owl sitting for portraits. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so even though I'll probably go and walk I probably won't take my camera. I'll be watching for him again next weekend though!

Lovely! I haven't been there yet.

When it gets warmer out, we need to reattempt this putting we discussed last year. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Lovely! I haven't been there yet.

When it gets warmer out, we need to reattempt this putting we discussed last year. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
You should go, you'd enjoy it. It's close to your area, right down Franklin Road. It really is a good place to walk and shoot birds and wildlife, but that's really all that anybody can do there. Lots and lots of rules about what you can't do.

I'm up for the walkabout pretty much any time. I get out and walk Saturday and Sunday morning anyway to try and get rid of this back and hip pain so it might as well be somewhere else.

BTW, were you in Brentwood yesterday about lunch time? I saw someone that reminded me of your previous avatar but not enough to ask her if it was you ;)

Very nice set!

Most reactions

Back