Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A rare visit for me around these parts. This is Rafiq, our houseboy, pictured here outside our villa in Riyadh.

1525841126_eee753f5fa_o.jpg

1525840258_07e6debda5_o.jpg

I especially like the first one...the relaxed pose, the composition, the muted colours of the wall and flooring, and the almost 'watchful' expression on his face. Nicely done.

I had to demonstrate all those poses to him. Interesting you prefer the first, as I much prefer the second. As I was using the 60mm macro lens (96mm as a 35mm equivalent), I felt much to far away from him in the first and I think it comes across that way. I'd have preferred to working with a wider lens, but I'd have probably ended up with the doorway to the left in shot, which I didn't want.

Interesting you prefer the first, as I much prefer the second.
That's fairly typical. I apparently march (out of synch?) to the beat of a different drummer, as I rarely seem to like the same ones as everyone else. :confused: Guess that has to do with the fact I am pretty much a beginner at photography, so look at different things than the knowledgeable people do. Oddly, I think it was the way the colour of the textured wall gradually lightened as my eye moved from left to right that really appealled to me in that first shot. The colours in that shot are so complimentary (the wall, floors, his skin tones, even the colour of his nails).

chris, i have to agree, i think the first one is very appealing! i do love number 2, but i just love how laid back the feel of one is. great job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back