Railroad Overpass

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure why this little city in AL thinks so highly of this, but they mention it when they talk of historic Childersburg. I could have shot at a different angle, cloned out wires, poles etc., but having all the extraneous junk in the shot, just felt right somehow. It is what it is, sort of like the town.

Childersburg Overpass by William Raber, on Flickr

The wires add to the scene and the detail of the whole. Nice photo =]

The wires add to the scene and the detail of the whole. Nice photo =]

You know how some places just give you a vibe? This just seemed to fit the whole town, a little on run down side, not really booming but not completely dead.

Nice pic.
I looked up Childersburg and I couldn't find anything specific on the railroad overpass but according to wiki, there was a munitions plant in Childersburg throughout WWII and the town also produced heavy water for the Manhattan Project. My guess is all that stuff was transported across those tracks, making them historic but I'm quite sure many other historic things happened on them long before that, people in search of gold were also mentioned.

Nice pic.
I looked up Childersburg and I couldn't find anything specific on the railroad overpass but according to wiki, there was a munitions plant in Childersburg throughout WWII and the town also produced heavy water for the Manhattan Project. My guess is all that stuff was transported across those tracks, making them historic but I'm quite sure many other historic things happened on them long before that, people in search of gold were also mentioned.

Supposedly De Soto noted it as the site of a Creek settlement in 1540. There's also De Soto Caverns (a large cave complex just east of there. However as to the overpass, I suspect that the munitions plant during WWII had something to do with it.

Mono seems to work well on industrial subjects. Good stuff.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back