What's new

RailRoads ImageBrian Joseph Photography

Joined
Nov 5, 2012
Messages
219
Reaction score
17
Location
Providence
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello everyone i took this shot yesterday for my 365 days photography project i would love some feedback on the overall edit and how the shot came out.



Dropbox - RailRoad.jpg
 
Last edited:
It's good mate. If anything the lighting is a bit flat but it's still a strong image. The processing is a bit to trendy for my liking but it's fine if you like that kinda thing.

There's not much to criticise in it at all and I could easily see it hanging on a wall.
 
thank you so much weepete i was going to make a canvas on it to put it in my room i wanted feedback before i did anything thank you so much mate.
 
I'm afraid I'm going to respectfully disagree with Weepete. To me, the image lacks a distinct subject. Railroad tracks form very strong leading lines, and in this case they lead from a slightly under-exposed foreground to a brighter background, but when the eye gets there, there's really nothing to see. The bulk consist on the left and fence/wall on the right don't really add, but rather increase the visual distraction. Looking at the image as-is, I feel like I'm looking at a movie set without any actors.
 
thank you tirediron for your comment but everyone has their own vision and what they like i can def see this image on a wall i'm going to make a canvas out of this image and hang it on my wall in my bedroom thank you for your comment once again
 
You're absolutely right, and if it works for you, that is the only thing that really matters. I appreciate someone who can defend their work in the face of critique!
 
yes thank you turediron there might be things that you take or do in your photographs that you love about it but other people wont but at the end of the day its what makes you happy right thank you for your comment.
 
In that case, it was pretty much a waste of time, ours and yours, for you to ask for a critique.

You have already made up your mind to print and hang it, in spite of the fact that it's not anything special, and the WB is way off.

So print it and hang it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KmH
In that case, it was pretty much a waste of time, ours and yours, for you to ask for a critique.

You have already made up your mind to print and hang it, in spite of the fact that it's not anything special, and the WB is way off.

So print it and hang it.

I see your point but I think this is a bit harsh. I don't feel this is a strong image either and I agree with tirediron's comments. That being said, the OP has every right to disagree and/or defend his work. I don't see this as making any critique a waste of time. In fact I think images, and art in general, should be discussed/debated as there will never be a consensus - even where it involves "respected" artists. And that is how it should be.

To the OP - you will change your mind regarding this image, but you shot what you saw and tried to share your vision. That is (IMO) what photography is all about.

Carry on.
 
OP, use some grammar and punctuation? And yes, it was a waste of our time, asking for critique, if that critique is then disregarded. OP, I suggest you start taking a lot of photos, asking for and listening to critique, and trying to learn as much as you can. Then you'll get some photos that are a lot better. Hear other people out about which photos they think are good, and decide then when you feel you should print and hang up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KmH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom