What's new

Rain | Fall | Leaves | Breath

These are awesome! You captured the mood/feel of a rainy fall day perfectly. The "breathing on the lens" thing is fantastically creative.


Well I was watching a Kelby-one video following a photoshoot, and he mentioned using the lenses "fog" that happens when it goes from AC to humid air, so I figured I could just breathe on it to get the same effect. Had to switch to MF as at first it was really strong, but it seemed to work out well. [emoji106]
 
The first shot is very nice.
 
Super sweet! First is my favorite as well. Newb question alert: You're not worried about getting your camera/lens wet in the rain? Or is your camera sealed? It's been raining for nearly a week here (today was the first nice day) and I couldn't get out and shoot at all...
 
Super sweet! First is my favorite as well. Newb question alert: You're not worried about getting your camera/lens wet in the rain? Or is your camera sealed? It's been raining for nearly a week here (today was the first nice day) and I couldn't get out and shoot at all...


Worried? Bah! Never!

Not the best picture, but it's the D800 in all her glory, in her element, doing what she does best. by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Spent an hour in the rain with it a few weeks ago. All of my gear is weather sealed, which allows me to not have to worry about this.

Jake

Not that I'd go out in pouring rain, but a little bit of water never hurt.

nikon d800 weather sealing - Google Search

Bunch of weather sealing on the body.
 
Jake, I am so beyond jealous right now. I'm seriously eyeballing that d810 but will likely have to wait until next October for another bonus. I'll have to just dream until then.
 
Jake, I am so beyond jealous right now. I'm seriously eyeballing that d810 but will likely have to wait until next October for another bonus. I'll have to just dream until then.

Why not a used D800? That's almost a grand cheaper!
 
Personal philosophy more than anything. This will likely be a 10yr camera for me so why not spend the extra money and get what I really want. Not a great excuse, but an excuse.
 
Personal philosophy more than anything. This will likely be a 10yr camera for me so why not spend the extra money and get what I really want. Not a great excuse, but an excuse.

Except for the fact that you spend a year "waiting" when you could be shooting.
 
Personal philosophy more than anything. This will likely be a 10yr camera for me so why not spend the extra money and get what I really want. Not a great excuse, but an excuse.

Except for the fact that you spend a year "waiting" when you could be shooting.

That's true. Though, I feel like I've got plenty of basics to work on still that my time with my d3200 won't be wasted. I've got my sick-a$$ 85mm prime so I'm still definitely having fun. I'll have to live vicariously through you for the great FF shots.
 
hmmm... not the typical stuff I expect from you. Sort of "meh" to be honest. I mean... they're nice and all... but pretty typical subject that has been done a lot. Hard to bring anything new to the conversation.
 
hmmm... not the typical stuff I expect from you. Sort of "meh" to be honest. I mean... they're nice and all... but pretty typical subject that has been done a lot. Hard to bring anything new to the conversation.

Yeah I know what you mean.
 
I like #1 with the texture in the ripples, and the contrast between the leaf & water. But #3 wins it for me. That has a very stark "trembly" way of isolating the foreground subject.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom