rain & the city

mitake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
dsc_2753e.jpg

Thanks for looking! C&C appreciated :wink:

Wolff said:
Nice shot, I like the color and lighting but I would rather have the cars have motion blur instead of the person.
Thanks! When it's raining hard (and it was!) people move faster than cars ;)

I like it very much as it is!
The day looks miserable, wet and grey and I love the glass corner of Starbucks and can even FEEL how much warmer and nicer it is to be in there instead of out in the "elements" ... therefore the FAST passing foot passenger makes good sense here, while the cars waiting for their lights to turn green (the reason why they are stationary is also logic and to be seen) add something like a juxtaposition to the scene. He seems heading for the warmer place and a nice coffee!!! :D

Therefore I think that the moment chosen was perfect.
Did you treat yourself to a nice hot coffee after the shoot?

I like this shot.
I agree with Wolff, it would have been nice to see the motion blur of cars instead of the person but as you say the weather was bad and not easy to capture in heavy rain. Also Agree with LaFoto as well though.
Good shot i do like it.
Wonder if using a polarizing filter would make the glass of the building not visable and make a really weird and interesting shot!

Starbucks Coffe is Great, could go for one right now!!!

Thanks for your comments :)

I did use a polarizer but either there were too many reflections or I didn't adjust it properly. Because of low light I had to use a high ISO (800) and large aperture/slow shutter speed (F4, 1/30 sec) but I didn't have a choice.

Regarding coffee, no I didn't get one, after wandering in the rain the whole lunch break I was rushing back to the office...

Mitake, this seems more of a snapshot then anything else. I can't really focus on anything. My eyes keep jumping, which makes it hard to find the subject of the photo.

Oh and the man in the window is scaring me. He has those scary glasses on a rainy day.

OptimizedDucati said:
Mitake, this seems more of a snapshot then anything else.
LOL :lol:. I'm no professional, and now (with purchase of D80) just getting back to my old hobby -- photography. Just having fun :). Thanks for your comment!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back