Rainy day at the zoo.

Mattis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been raining all day long today, but I still decided to make a quick trip to one of the local zoos. It was worth it!
Red Panda by Mathias Appel, auf Flickr

Red Panda by Mathias Appel, auf Flickr

African Lion by Mathias Appel, auf Flickr

I have no clue why the lion did this to himself. The door back inside was open! :p
Nice shots. Here I am looking at a red panda in my Firefox browser. Coincidence? I think not! Come to think of it, my operating system is Lion.

Nice set! The wet lion is pretty cool and I don't think there is a cuter critter in the world than a red panda.

Nice set, love the wet lion!

Thanks everyone! Yeah the lion might be my personal favorite as well. I was just about to leave but then I saw him there and had to grab a few shots of him :)

That lion shot is excellent! It would really be worth putting in a nicer background.
True, and I find that sad as well. It's the reason why I don't shoot these lions very often, their enclosure is big but not very photogenic... It has the regular viewers in mind who just want to see the lions, they didn't try to make it look natural.
And that is something I always try to do. Those red panda shots for example, I always try to make the shots look natural and not like I shot them at the zoo.
That is why I consider the shot of the lion nothing more than a funny snapshot :)

By the way, their new tiger enlcosure will be similar to the lion enclosure... Lots of glass instead of a clear view without any obstructions. Which makes me sad because their tiger was one of my favorite critters to shoot! D:
Tiger by Mathias Appel, auf Flickr
I really hope they keep an open spot without any glass or tight fences :c

Mattis, that is the saddest looking lion I have ever seen and I have seen plenty in the wilds of Africa - I don't like to visit zoos anymore. Which zoo is this anyway?

WesternGuy

Very interesting series!

I think a rainy day is one of the best times to photograph animals in a zoo. Beautiful shots.

Great set, and I also love the lion! :)

Thanks a lot!
This weekend it's supposed to be better again. So no rainy shots, but I'll get to cuddle lemurs again :3

Most reactions

Back