Rainy Day

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lately we've been having unusually hot weather here in Ketchikan, but the other day we had a nice shower pass over while one of my roommates and I were out exploring. I can't stand the rain, but when it's in Ketchikan it doesn't bother me for some reason. Unfortunately this guy got too homesick and decided it was time for him to leave. I have faith that he can make the right decisions for himself, but I still feel like he is squandering an incredible and life changing opportunity by leaving Ketchikan. :(

mg_9841_by_danostergren-d6hpxc3.jpg

mg_9839_by_danostergren-d6hpxbh.jpg

I really like your work, Dan. For me, the second image is the stronger of the two as far as lighting - much more drama in the pose, and nice even light on the face. A bit more light on the face in the first one would help - although sitting in the rain his expression is appropriately gloomy. :thumbup:

Very nice pair of images.

I also much prefer two over one. The first just bugs me that he's got so much of the raccoon eyes going on. I love the scene in the first though. Alaska looks to be very beautiful!

Thanks for the feedback! I also prefer the second over the first. In the first shot he's lit partially with a reflector. Unfortunately I didn't have someone to hold it exactly where I wanted in order to get the light just right, and I was unable to bring my stand for it to AK with my luggage. I'm considering ordering another, but I prefer biological light stands and such when I can get help.

Thanks for the feedback! I also prefer the second over the first. In the first shot he's lit partially with a reflector. Unfortunately I didn't have someone to hold it exactly where I wanted in order to get the light just right, and I was unable to bring my stand for it to AK with my luggage. I'm considering ordering another, but I prefer biological light stands and such when I can get help.

Can definitely commiserate. I don't have a stand for mine either. lol

Having an assistant or two is much better in my opinion anyways.

OMG he has a shirt on:mrgreen: Nice shots.

Having an assistant or two is much better in my opinion anyways.

In a perfect world.. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back