Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys , my try at black and white.
1)
4092408028_e5cfc80dcb.jpg

2)
4091886366_df8775d254.jpg

Like I said before in my other posts , I think my photos lack interests!:(

Comments and tips appreciated! Thanks for looking!

Edit : I brightened the first picture , hopefully it's better. I tried to use photoshop to add some vig but it looks horrible , especially obvious at the bottom left. How can I blend it together?

Last edited:
# 1 is a totally dark, almost black image, at least on my monitor.

# 2 is nowhere close to being in any kind of focus.

Maybe I am just not clear on what you are trying to do in these images.

I agree that number one is too dark and lacks contrast. The second one, does have a point of focus, the raindrops in the upper right appear to be in pretty sharp focus. The problem for me is that I had to look for it. There wasn't anything compositionally to lead my eye there. Placing the raindrops at one of the intersections of the thirds or if there were secondary images that lead to the raindrops, it would have made for a stronger image.

Keep shooting!

Thanks for the comments , I have brightened up the picture in photoshop , added contrast and also tried to add a vig effect by using the elliptical marquee tool , inverse select and then go to image , adjustments and changed the exposure. However , this makes it looks fake , especially obvious at the bottom left. How can I blend it together?

First one looks good. Neat picture but not a wow factor for me. The second I just don't get it. Whats in focus is the rain on the edge at the top right of picture but I still don't get it. LOL Maybe re shoot that one and shows us again. Keep on snapping those photos.

:thumbup:

I think the first one would be better in color.

the second maybe should have shown more of the edge with the water dripping and move the drip more to the center of the frame.

I didn't really like the first picture in color so I changed it to BW to give a different feel , more of a dull sad feel.

Second picture , the reason I was there was to capture the water which looks really shiny in real but I couldn't get it on camera.. I was trying to apply the rule of thirds to the left droplet but it was really slow to drip compared to the right one. As soon as I saw something about to drip I clicked the shutter haha. I'm saving up for a 50mm and then I'll get a new picture of the droplet.

Thanks for all the comments!

Most reactions

Back