Rainy night, long exposures.

Private Joker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone! The weather is starting to change where I am, and I finally got around to shooting some long exposures I've had in mind for quite some time. It doesn't rain here all that often, so I had to jump on the opportunity. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Cody

5054659575_7523702149_b.jpg

Beginning To See The Light. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

5055273620_151e4e1917_b.jpg

Double Exposure. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

5054645265_514bbd2817_b.jpg

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

5054643619_35df2bcce8_b.jpg

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

i dig the second one, would probably work well in B/W as well

Seems a bit all over the place. They also seem like more night abstract shots, with no clear subject. Which is totally fine if thats what you are going for. Dont forget that even thought they are somewhat abstract, they still need to have focus and interest for the viewer in terms of composition and subject matter

1- Not liking this one. I like the bottom half, just not the top half. The light reflections in the water along with the texture of the pavement is nice, but the attempt at streaks going in differnet direction add some chaos to the image and my eye doesnt know where to go.

2- Pretty cool, but personally, I'd crop out the top row of lights. Really digging the faded crosswalk

3- Interesting, but missing something. I'm thinking its missing showing me what is making those coloured lights

4- I think you pulled off the zoom pan pretty nice. I would like the same thing but with a better scene. Pretty cool though

Thank you for the comments, bigtwinky. I understand what you're saying about a focus, but these are abstract, and my subject was essentially light itself. I have to disagree if you're suggesting my composition is weak, but we are on the same page in terms of the first photo. My eye doesn't know where to go either, I should have paid attention to that!

Yessss...the second one is fun! And the third one too...nice use of broad areas of texture and color. These show some nice concepts. I think the third shot would look better if that dark clump or whatever were carefully cloned out. I like the way the highlights are colored in the out of focus wall in the bottom section of the third photo. I'm not too keen on the burned-out highlight in the upper right corner, but I do like those highlights on that wet pavement. Good shootin'.

Most reactions

Back