Random acts of senseless....

I stop and help disabled cars quite a bit. Gas/blowout/horse trailer coming off the hitch/etc.. but I think the nicest thing I have done lately was helping a man in Kroger (a Eastern US supermarket chain).

He had lost one of his legs so was going around on a motorized cart. The batteries were basically dead so I pushed him to the next aisle he needed, and then grabbed some bread/etc from another aisle so we wouldn't have to go over there. I took him to the checkout line where one of the workers (after loudly sighing) brought his crutches to him which were located at the front door. I then pushed his buggy out and loaded up his car. He offered money for a soda and was very thankful.

This reminded me of another story. I was traveling down a county 4 lane highway near dusk and saw that a car had hit something in a turn lane. I stopped immediately off the shoulder and ran to whatever was laying in the road. I walk up to 3 people and something motionless on the ground with a jacket over it... I thought someone had died, but then I noticed 4 legs....

I made sure everyone was okay, and asked why they had covered the deer with a jacket. The man said that he didn't want to scare it with people around etc... I asked if he wanted a knife to finish it because it didn't look as if it would live. I figured he could at least have someone harvest the meat for him. The man replied "We ain't gonna kill it".

I just walked away.

markc said:
That really was a true act of kindness. :p

Turns out she was just using me for my camera.

Guy at work just gave me a bottle of Cabernet Savignon.

That was pretty random.

I opened the door at work today for a model..... and as i stood back to let her pass...... she didnt even acknowledge me.... not even a glance or thankyou in any way.....

But i can sleep tonight safe in the knowledge that she 'could' have broke a nail or something if she opened it herself :mrgreen: ...... and we cant have that now can we.

Well she is a model.

yea true..... to be truthful that was only reason i opened the door in the first place..... if she was ugly i wouldn't have bothered :lol:

How selfless of you!!

bahahahahah!

It was late August/early September, we were just evacuating to Houston, TX from New Orleans, LA and I was with my family at McDonald's for breakfast. There was a homeless lady just sitting around and waiting for food to be thrown into the trash so she could get it. Well I thought about giving her my food, and before I even finished thinkin that my grandma handed me something to go give her. So I ended up giving her about 2 or 3 things. A few people who were there that morning saw what we were doing and they started to give her food. One lady even got her a bag to keep her food in. I felt like I started something beautiful. :D

I like these stories. :)

I was once in a grocery store parking lot and an older woman was hurrying along and pushed her carraige up to the building and hustled back to her car, when I noticed she left her purse in the carraige. *gasp from the female audience.* So I quickly grabbed it and ran in the general direction where I saw her run, and gave her the purse! She was thankful and gave me a whole 3 dollars. :greenpbl: Saved her a lot of trouble potentially. Made me feel good as a big 9 year old.

EBphotography said:
She was thankful and gave me a whole 3 dollars. :greenpbl: Saved her a lot of trouble potentially. Made me feel good as a big 9 year old.

:lol: It's cool that you did that at such a young age. You were a smart kid eh? lol

Today I was Christmas shopping and I had a full cart and Evelyn had fallen asleep in my arms. The lines were very long at the store and suddenly a clerk appeared next to me and whispered "Register 9 is opening in a few seconds, go ahead and go over there" ;) . I thought that was so sweet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back