Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...kindness.

How long has it been since I've posted a mushy-feel-good thread?

I thought it would be a good idea to talk about Random Acts of kindness that either you've done for others, or others have done for you. :)

Here's one from me for now:

I was working at Walgreens still at the time, and it was just a week or two before Xmas. A girl around 18 or 20 who had down's syndrom was in trying to find presents to give her family. She kept coming up to me with things and asking how much it was, and if she had enough money for it. So I helped her count out all her dollar bills and TONS of change that she had.

She found something she REALLY wanted to get for her sister...she was really excited, because it was something her sister really wanted, and she brought it up and asked me if she had enough money for it. I told her she was about $5 short. The poor girl was heartbroken. So...she went off to find something else. Well, it being Christmas, I really wanted to help. So...I took $5 out of my pocket, and went up to her and said "Hey, look what I found on the floor! You can have it, and you'll have enough to get your sister that gift!"

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get so excited. It sure made me feel good to do that. :D :D

I gave a girl my number last night.

That $5 could have saved the life of a third world child..... so its your choice i suppose......

I kid!! :hug:: ...... :mrgreen: ..... seriously if we were all as kind hearted as you corry the world would be ALOT better.... wish i could do summin like that.... and i would too if the situation presented itself...... (< emo :mrgreen: )

that was really sweet Corry! I need to think a bit now...

Aaww, thanks guys. It WAS Christmas. :)

I'm trying to think of good things that have been done for me...I've had a ton of EXTREMELY kind things done for me by people (many of whom are HERE)...

However...I'm looking more for random acts done for or from strangers (or almost strangers) Hmmmm....

Here's my story...
One day I got off the freeway after sitting in bad traffic and I must have had a foul look on my face. I had my window down, which is rare, because I don't like the pressure the wind puts on my ears when it blows in the window. Anyways, a man pulled up next to me and got my attention. He said "come on now, your day couldn't have been that bad (remember the foul look on my face), smile...it'll make you feel better!" It did...I smiled the whole way home and it totally changed my mood into a good one.

thats really very nice from you ...

last time came an old man to our restaurant and wants to drink an fresh orange juice, but he haven`t enough money for it .. he looks so poor, so I gave it to him for free ... he was very thankful ...

Isn't the whole point of random kindness for it to be selfless?

Isn't telling people how kind you are kinda defeating the purpose?

Not that I'm trying to take away from this thread, but personally what I do for other people is for me to know and you to one day get the privelige of experiencing one day. Depending on my judgement of your character.

I don't know, sharing with you how nice I may or may not be, just seems a little self absorbed.

And before everyone assumes I'm calling Corry self absorbed, relax. Corry is the last thing from being that, I just mean, to me it feels weird.

When I was living in MN I got stuck on a dirt back road on the way to drop off my sons at my Mom's house (she did the daycare at the time). I was driving a Saturn station wagon and the roads hadn't been plowed. A nice couple stopped and asked if I needed help. They were driving a big truck (a Suburban to be exact) and happily got me unstuck and towed my car to my parents house so it wouldn't get stuck again. When they told me their names I was shocked, they were the parents of a boy I went to school with who was killed only a few years after graduating in a car accident. I will never forget their kindness, or the fact that it must have been hard for them to see classmate of their son's, who was grown with children of her own. My ex-husband made them cookies as a thank you and the boys and I delivered them a few days later. I said at that time that my next vehicle would be a Suburban :er: (for those of you who know that story :lol: ).

Bace, I also said I wanted to hear from people what others have done for THEM. I just don't personally have any stories I can tell right now. I get TONS of kindess from my friends and co-workers, but I'm blanking right now on any kindess from strangers that I've recieved.

Alison said:
When I was living in MN I got stuck on a dirt back road on the way to drop off my sons at my Mom's house (she did the daycare at the time). I was driving a Saturn station wagon and the roads hadn't been plowed. A nice couple stopped and asked if I needed help. They were driving a big truck (a Suburban to be exact) and happily got me unstuck and towed my car to my parents house so it wouldn't get stuck again. When they told me their names I was shocked, they were the parents of a boy I went to school with who was killed only a few years after graduating in a car accident. I will never forget their kindness, or the fact that it must have been hard for them to see classmate of their son's, who was grown with children of her own. My ex-husband made them cookies as a thank you and the boys and I delivered them a few days later. I said at that time that my next vehicle would be a Suburban :er: (for those of you who know that story :lol: ).

Aaaw! That was so nice!!

core_17 said:
Bace, I also said I wanted to hear from people what others have done for THEM. I just don't personally have any stories I can tell right now. I get TONS of kindess from my friends and co-workers, but I'm blanking right now on any kindess from strangers that I've recieved.

yeah...that's totally easier to do.

This one time, a really good looking girl gave me her number.

:lol:

Most reactions

Back