Random Portrait - Critique?

ks0385

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me know what you think.

corii2.jpg

it has its art. May not please everyone's eyes but I like it. Is it self portrait or someone else?

It's my girlfriend.

i think the lightning is really good. she is beautifull.

It's my girlfriend.

:thumbup: Good work on her. It's good to use ur wife and GF for practice. When I said it may not please everyone's eyes, I didn't mean her look, she looks good, I meant the style, you know? But yeah, as said above, I like it and the other person said, good lighting.

BTW, did you use external lights?

Thanks for the comments.

Lighting was whatever was there. We were sitting in a Thai restaurant by a window at like two pm.

Does the black thing behind her make it worse?

It may bother some people but it doesn't bother me at all. I think it'd look too plain w/out it, being the wall white and all. You can remove it and post both and see what people say?

random thought for a random picture...

There's nothing so tragic as seeing a family pulled apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

random thought for a random picture...

There's nothing so tragic as seeing a family pulled apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

But being pulled apart by a pack of wolves in itself is quite a simple event.

Anyone else?

I really like it. Her expression is interesting, the lighting is great, my only complaint is the thing behind her head, but as someone said, it may be too bland without it.

I would have gone tighter on her face. Her eyes look great in this shot.
I hope you don't mind:
portrait.jpg

In the original shot the background is a bit too distracting IMO.

Most reactions

Back