Random tea-brewing implements

Scruff McGruff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.teanerd.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tea is a big hobby of mine, so teawares are frequent subjects for photos. Here are a few of the ones I think are better, so C&C (emphasis on the critique) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, I hope you enjoy them!

Hmmmmm... I like these, very simple images, quite lovely.

That said, my critique (take this with a grain of salt of course, I'm a nooB):
In the first picture, the brightest part of the bowl is washed out and blends into the background. I think I personally would have preferred some diffraction on the light source to keep this area from getting so washed out. Even so I think this is my fave image!

In the second picture, I really enjoy the way the light plays on the wall behind the pitcher, but I feel like it being directly behind/seen through the pitcher from this angle makes either the pitcher or the lighting seem distracting - my eye wants to be able to focus on one or the other but is attracted to both at once. Still, an interesting idea that would be fun to explore further!

The third picture - its not my favorite but I'm not sure exactly what makes it less my favorite so I think I will leave that one for someone more experienced!

I think this series is lovely. The tonal quality of the first is so warm and striking and I really enjoy the mood. The 2nd is my favorite, the lines from the light on the wall draws my eyes in so nicely to the glass pitcher.

Great pictures and awesome Yixing!

I think this series is lovely. The tonal quality of the first is so warm and striking and I really enjoy the mood. The 2nd is my favorite, the lines from the light on the wall draws my eyes in so nicely to the glass pitcher.

X2. The light shines from the pitcher perfectly. I like how you can see the steam coming from #1 as well. Good Shots!

Most reactions

Back