What's new

Randoms for some C&C :)

J_T

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 15, 2012
Messages
174
Reaction score
12
Location
Behind you.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Much appreciated. Thanks :)
Just looking for some highlights/lowlights of the pics

IMG_5294.jpg



IMG_5278.jpg
 
All in all, good start with reasonably composed, focused and arranged pictures but you need to do a bit more work on the creative side.

#1 is just another picture straight on with nothing much added by the photographer.

#2 is a nicer capture, nice arrangement, nice color, looks sharp (although the picture is a little small to tell and critical sharpness is good in these.)
But there is a lot of extra space that doesn't add to anything.
You could have shot this in portrait aspect, used a higher iso, with a slower speed and thus a smaller aperture and focused on the most front berry so it would be in focus also. As it is, that single OOF berry right smack in the middle is annoying.

$IMG_5278llllll.webp
 
Yeah, that OOF berry bothers me too. The portrait crop works well. I do like the original composition with the single berry in the lower right, but unfortunately it's also OOF. The original trimmed along the edges with more DOF would have been best.
 
All in all, good start with reasonably composed, focused and arranged pictures but you need to do a bit more work on the creative side.

#1 is just another picture straight on with nothing much added by the photographer.

#2 is a nicer capture, nice arrangement, nice color, looks sharp (although the picture is a little small to tell and critical sharpness is good in these.)
But there is a lot of extra space that doesn't add to anything.
You could have shot this in portrait aspect, used a higher iso, with a slower speed and thus a smaller aperture and focused on the most front berry so it would be in focus also. As it is, that single OOF berry right smack in the middle is annoying.

View attachment 4370

Yeah, that OOF berry bothers me too. The portrait crop works well. I do like the original composition with the single berry in the lower right, but unfortunately it's also OOF. The original trimmed along the edges with more DOF would have been best.

Traveler's assessment is dead on. Once again, I really like his suggested crop.
Thanks everyone for the critiques!
Especially Joel and the Traveler who took time to like at some other pictures of mine haha (sorry for the wasted time lol)
I'll try to retake the picture if I get the chance with more DOF.
Would you suggest cloning the random berry out?
 
i really liked the first image for its colors... there is a blue tint on the wooden frames which goes with the greens in the background.... well done... the wheel could have been a bit off center...

The second one is also really impressive ...i like the trim of traveler...but i like the original too :D
 
Thanks everyone for the critiques!
Especially Joel and the Traveler who took time to like at some other pictures of mine haha (sorry for the wasted time lol)
I'll try to retake the picture if I get the chance with more DOF.
Would you suggest cloning the random berry out?

I think that front- most berry actually adds something if only it were in focus.
Why not just clone another berry over it? (I had to stretch one a bit)

$IMG_52784444.webp
 
Thanks for the suggestions and processing.
Here's a new edited version-

IMG_5278-1.jpg
 
I like #1, specially the way the perspective guides us.
Some more contrast an saturation would help, I guess.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom