Randoms

chantal7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay so these are pictures I took in school with a Pentax film camera. I don't remember which model though, but it did look old, probably from the 80's if I remember correctly. We used black and white film. I processed them myself hehe which was sometimes difficult - you would sometimes get dust on the picture so you'd have to re-do it. One of the photos I didn't redo though.

I scanned them and added borders so I could show them around :) So they might look slightly different from the actual picture.

What do you think?

BW11.jpg

BW9WHITE.jpg

BW8.jpg

BW5.jpg

BW4hite.jpg

BW6-1.jpg

BW3.jpg

BW2.jpg

BW1.jpg

Well, my immediate thought is that I wish I were young again, and then had the chance to learn darkroom. I would really, really like to know more about that aspect of photography.

And then I think that Photo 6 is quite much to my liking. The centred horizon is not, and maybe upon planning the print, the paper could have been placed so there'd be a crop of the original photo in the negative, one that would have moved the horizon up a little. But apart from that I really like the lines of the ploughed field and the tyre marks of the tractor and the repetition of those power line posts ... but I am not sure the chamoix paper was the best choice here. I would like that in true black and white, maybe even on harder paper.

Hehe yeah it would have been better with different paper I suppose. I did this in grade 12, so we didn't have a choice of paper, we had to use what he gave us. Oh well it was still a great experience though :) Glad you like them!

Most reactions

Back