Some brass flying.
tpf4.jpg

Moment of ignition.
tpf5.jpg

More brass flying.
tpf7.jpg

This one was nice and crisp.
tpf6.jpg

These are cool, I may add that if you could have gotten the person holding the weapon at least in 1 exposure to help viewers to acknowledge at least the subject, then a couple detail shots of the gun might have had a tad more impact.

I really like number three, everything is crisp, you can see the brass being ejected as well as a new shell entering the action of the weapon. It's in such sharp focus that if that brass was facing the other way I bet I could read the caliber/manufacturer!

Now get your self a real gun like a good .45ACP or something and take some pics :sexywink:

one of the shots I would have taken would be the person shooting in on the left side of the photo and if you could maybe the target on the right side.

I would have upped the shutter speed as much as possible to freeze the movement. it looks like it was pretty bright outside so that shouldn't have been an issue.

I would have upped the shutter speed as much as possible to freeze the movement. it looks like it was pretty bright outside so that shouldn't have been an issue.
Looks like he did in that third image, ejecting a shell from a semi-automatic pistol is much much faster than any football careening across a field. The fact that the top of the action is almost all the way back (coming back forward) and is crisp and in focus is excellent, and perfectly 'frozen', whatever you did there try it on the others next time!

Looks like he did in that third image, ejecting a shell from a semi-automatic pistol is much much faster than any football careening across a field. The fact that the top of the action is almost all the way back (coming back forward) and is crisp and in focus is excellent, and perfectly 'frozen', whatever you did there try it on the others next time!

Are we looking at the same images :er:

With the last one being an exception, none of these are even remotely sharp or crisp...

And actually, the shell ejecting from a firearm isn't flying at ridiculous speeds like some people seem to believe. Why do you think it only flies like 5ft? They eject out of the barrel entrance at around 5mph or less...much slower than a football being thrown downfield.

As for the pictures now...if you want to freeze the action completely you're going to *really* need to up the shutter speed. The only problem is I don't think it's possible with that camera. The third picture (the one I looked at) is at 1/1000 shutter speed and ISO80 (equiv). That means the camera was probably at its maximum shutter speed and lowest possible ISo rating.

It's pretty easy to stop the action of a slide cycling.

4259413219_9da02c6d77_z.jpg

888835753_NFgJo-M.jpg

Last edited:
Take that camer out of Auto! Also, bring the ISO up from 80. If you bring the ISO up from 80, youll be able to get the shutter speed up enough to stop the motion. Put the camera on Shutter Priority and bump it way up.

Mark

EDIT: DARN! Nevermind. I didnt notice you were shooting with a Powershot P&S...For that..Get a DSLR. :wink:

Most reactions

Back