Rant!!

Aakajx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so there's a photographer lady she's does sporting photography mostly motox, dirt track.
Shes somehow has the rights to a few clubs in my area. I don't know if she actually has the rights. But she's claimed it. The motocross track that's behind my property she goes there and another photographer turned up and she ripped the other photographers head off. Now the motox club don't want to cause extra dramas so they won't allow me to take photos there because of this woman and upsetting her. I know she's done the same thing at the other clubs to. Apart from the one down south where I go. Mainly because they don't care for her and just want it a happy environment. Anyway so yeah it's got to me. Like she can't photography the hole course at the one time. Riders are missing out on pictures she might not get.

I dunno what to do really. It's annoying the crap out of me.

Sounds like you should consider approaching each club with a proper contract agreement for them to sign.

Might be she's already done this, signed on for official exclusivity at which point you've not a leg to stand on as the track is private property and they are within their right to restrict photography (esp for commercial use). Might also be they've an informal or not even formal agreement, at which point your formal agreement (if you can get them to sign) will trump hers.

Put a dingo in her land cruiser.

But seriously, confront her. Most people act all tough until actually confronted.

You seem to be treating "club" and "track" synonymously. Does a club own, and only run on, a single track?

When I was in Portland, there were a number of clubs that raced at Portland International. I wanted to shoot but, if a club even took the time to reply to my query, it was usually a "No, but thanks".

So I went to the track.

I was shooting an SCCA event, and someone confronted me rather aggressively. They were telling me how I wasn't supposed to be on this side of the fence or that side of the barrier, and that they'd never seen me before so how could I possibly be associated with SCCA?

My response was simple: "I'm shooting for the track".

That stopped the discussion in pretty short order...

I'm not sure how it is in Australia, but in the US it's free game. Even at the pro races You can get track access (you won't get on the floor at Supercross events though). And if she ever confronts you, just tell her you're taking photos of your friends. Then list of every number plate you can remember and tell her they are your friends and kindly ask her not to take photos of them because that's your job.

Does she or does she not have exclusive rights to photograph the club/event/track?

If not, tell that bounce that this bush bash is free game and that you will drop your daks and kindly be a brown-eyed mullet in her billabong.

Haha you all made me laugh. Funny as. Yeah I'm not sure exactly she just says she has the rights. Whether she does or not. Well here in Australia the club runs the track. There's a little committee that decide how to run it all.

Might just have to go a box on :p stirr her up.

You've said that the club won't let you shoot. If they're letting her shoot and not you, that strongly suggests a working relationship exists between her and the club...

Get over it...lol

Seems like you'd need to find out from the clubs/tracks. I agree they may have an exclusive contract with her to take photos at their events in their facility.

In sports in the US the team and/or venue has policies established about where you can take pictures, what lens you can bring in etc. and usually have someone taking photos for them to license. They also issue credentials to photographers who are taking pictures for media outlets, sponsors, etc.

Most reactions

Back