[rant]

malachite said:
[snip!]
me: (trying not to laugh) "It's spelled T J "

him: "Allright, whatever, it'll be ready in 15-20 minutes." <click>

Got our food OK, receipt and all, and right on the front is written in blue marker:

P/U by Tee Jay

We've had the same thing here! Girl in my office goes by JJ. Not so difficult really. She's gotten faxes for Jay Jay, and GiGi and all sorts of other stuff. It's amazing how stupid people can be.

People insist on spelling my name Greg or Craig. For my last bike race I spelled my name out for the guy. After him erasing it 3 times untill he got it rite he still spelled it wrong on the website.

someone always spells it Creg, Greig, Creig or some sort of jazz. I say "its spelled like Craig but with a G" People get REALLY confused then.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :?

graigdavis said:
Ill take unique, that works for me. Weird is fine too though. :pirate:

Yo' mama and them (that's a Southern phrase) set you up for a lifetime of petty annoyances when they chose the spelling for your name. Is it a family name?? I hate my own name at times, you wouldn't believe the variations of Terri, starting with the manly Terry, and moving along with adding "e" on the end, dropping an "R", etc. :x I've given my mom some stuff about choosing that name. Apparently they were very set on my being a boy, and were going to name me Peter, so they tried to make it a mixed-gender name, as if that would change things. I was a letdown from the beginning. :p

My surname is Gilligan.

I always get people ringing and asking for Gillian. Can they not see where the surname sits? Do they think I am just Gillian with no surname, like Madonna?

Drives me up the wall.

Not to mention the ones who do realise the surname and make little buddy jokes. GEE. FUNNEE.

terri said:
Yo' mama and them (that's a Southern phrase) set you up for a lifetime of petty annoyances when they chose the spelling for your name. Is it a family name??

My dads name is Greg. They liked the name but didnt want me to be a Jr. There was a baseball player named Graig Nettles. So they went with that spelling.

Not only is it a pain when people spell my name wrong or insist on calling me Craig. But its a bigger pain having a Greg and Graig in the house. My dad takes phone calls for me and I take phone calls for him. When my mom yells for my dad, I answer or she calls for me, my dad answers. Usualy it just gives me a good excuse to ignore her because I just say I thought she was talking to my dad.

I need to move out. :?

I'm still waiting for someone to spell my name right. There are a MILLION ways to spell Corry!!! And NO ONE spells it with two R's but me, I think, so no one ever gets it right! The most common mis-spelling is Corey, which is the masculine way of spelling it, I think. But you can replace the C with a K, and one R or two...ey, ie, i, y.... So...my parents gave me those petty annoyances, too. My brothers name is Calvin...one friggin way to spell that one! Must be nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back