Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's one creature I bet you guys haven't seen ever, the golden monitor lizard, only found in and around India. It's very difficult to shoot them as they love to stay under cover of leaves and hay. Had to spend almost an hour there for these two shots. Sharing these as I know how much you guys love to see new creatures.. Comments mandatory for this thread :cool:

14075506034_c19d791b5e_c.jpg

14112120611_c8bf3b6307_c.jpg

Tack sharp, and they remind me of a long ago girlfriend. :lmao: Lee

Mandatory comment: Nice.

Voluntary comment: ok these are really cool pictures. I love seeing new creatures. They are really sharp.

Very nice shots! And thanks for sharing something new.

Last edited:
Tack sharp, and they remind me of a long ago girlfriend. Lee
lol.. Thanks lee :)
Very cool! How big are they? They look like they're a pretty decent size for a lizard.
You've obviously never seen monitor lizards then! The golden ones are much larger than normal lizards, but they are the pygmys of the monitor lizard world. These can be as large as your forearm (except the tail), and the regular sized ones will be much larger than you are. These are actually very intelligent creatures, are even known to be able to count, how cool is that?

Great shots! I am really in love with the second one. I'd love a monitor someday.

Nice shots Raj :thumbup:

Aw, they're kinda cute :) And the pictures are very well done.

Great shots! I am really in love with the second one. I'd love a monitor someday.
Thanks Bill & WardQ :)

Thanks Leonore, finally someone who thinks they're cute. I actually find all reptiles to be cute, wonder how people are so afraid of them. All they want is to cuddle :p

Yeah great shots Raj, they are sharp. Large lizard and I love them !! Always been a fan of reptiles / lizards even when I was a kid. EXCELLENT shots Raj and great to see these posted, good on you.

All the best Raj, well done.

Danny.

Yeah great shots Raj, they are sharp. Large lizard and I love them !! Always been a fan of reptiles / lizards even when I was a kid. EXCELLENT shots Raj and great to see these posted, good on you.

All the best Raj, well done.

Danny.

Thanks Danny, these are rather rare even in India. I've seen these only once.

Thanks Bill & WardQ :)

Thanks Leonore, finally someone who thinks they're cute. I actually find all reptiles to be cute, wonder how people are so afraid of them. All they want is to cuddle :p

That's what my boyfriend says about his snapping turtles. While I do believe they are quite adorable, I'm not so sure they want to cuddle ;)

But I do like reptiles. If most of them didn't have to eat live food, I'd probably have a few as pets.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back