rate my photos

TrueColors

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone-

I picked a few of my photos that I either believe to be good... or like them but am not sure about them. This is an opportunity for me to get constructive criticism so feel free to give me your honest opinion.

Thanks everyone!!

Thanks a bunch!!

-Geoff

You might want to repost something bigger than a thumbnail if you want any CC!

Are they clickable links? ...I thought they were

Are they clickable links? ...I thought they were

Well I'll be!!! Your right.

I don't think many people would have thought to check. But you will get a lot more response if you just posted the image.

Your probably right... Im new to the photography forums, so I will definitely keep that in mind.

love the cat shot! frisky kitty lol gorgeous eyes though.

Preggo belly is very nice too..

+1

I find anything related to weddings/marriage absolutely terrifying :gah:

Definitely the cat gets my vote for amazing "face" expression. I love and hate cats for looking at people as if we were servants. But isn't it true? :p

#1 meets my taste too.

The cat is really great. Just the perfect amount of focus for me. Like the contrast and like how I can feel the cat's fur with my eyes. The 2 highlights on the color are unfortunate. Other than that, I wouldn't change anything.

The preggo shot is nice. I'm bothered by the cropped off index finger, and that the body doesn't quite touch the top margin of the frame. Makes the body appear sort of "headless"

#3. They kinda look like cardboard cutouts... flat. For example, the edge of the man's face.

#5 looks like a fun picture, but I'll let someone who understands wedding photography comment on #4 and #5. I don't really care for these much.

Im glad the cat got a good vote....that is my favorite.

The wedding photos are from the first wedding I have ever shot where I was the hired photographer. Didnt charge much as im learning and I knew the brides mother.

the preggo is my wife :) I very randomly decided to hang a black blanket on the door and ask my wife to pose real quick....unfortunetly my backdrop was, well, about a few inches wider then the width of the frame so I didnt have too much room to work with. Thankyou for the CC swiss!

I like 3 and 5 just nice pictures with charm! I like also 4 very much. Nice pictures and 3 and 5 are lovely.

''rating" (composition/lighting/appeal) out of 100

Picture 3: 70/75/85
Picture 4: 65/60/80
Picture 5: 85/80/90

Picture 5 is my favorite ! :hug::but the background is a bit moody ;) and a tad too much contrast IMO.

Last edited:
Really like 5. Such natural and candid expressions. Shows real happiness.

Hey, Geoff.

I feel all but the first rate a solid "C." All good, consistent work.

The maternity shot gets a higher rating from me because it's effective without the cliché of hands all over her belly. It's a simple statement and flattering. Nicely done! That one gets a "B."

-Pete

What equipment did you use?

I started to look your images over but all the pop-ups Photobucket has going on chased me off before I got done.

Use strobed light. (the difference between so-so, and pro) The image of her in front of the window is an example. Her face is in shadow but her chest is fully exposed to the window light. The eye is drawn to the brighter parts of an image first.

Color correct for more natural skin tones in the color photos, they look to red, and be careful with the skin smoothing actions (B&W couple shot).

Most reactions

Back