What's new

RAW and Gimp (no jokes please)

Tulsa

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 9, 2010
Messages
1,019
Reaction score
3
Location
Tulsa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot in RAW for the first time, but cannont open in GIMP, what am I missing here?
 
I think there is an extra plug-in you need to download.
 
You got what you paid for ;)

Even the $60 PSE will open and let you manipulate, raw files.
 
:lmao: some people that talk when they don't actually know make me laugh.

You need the add on called UFRaw for gimp. This will let you open and edit RAW's to be used with GIMP. Oh and it's free...so I guess you get more than you pay for?
 
:lmao: some people that talk when they don't actually know make me laugh.

You need the add on called UFRaw for gimp. This will let you open and edit RAW's to be used with GIMP. Oh and it's free...so I guess you get more than you pay for?
First, I have Gimp on my desktop (do I use it? Not a chance).
Second, because of my limited use, I haven't attempted to edit a raw file (why would I?!?)
Third, I saw both Mikes, and Dao's post about a plug in.......


Lastly, like I said you get what you pay for. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

:er:
 
:lmao: some people that talk when they don't actually know make me laugh.

You need the add on called UFRaw for gimp. This will let you open and edit RAW's to be used with GIMP. Oh and it's free...so I guess you get more than you pay for?

Hi NateS, I just downloaded and installed Gimp. It won't open Canon's CR RAW files. So, I saw your posting, downloaded the UFRaw (Wavelet denoise) .exe file version 2, placed it in the plugins directory, restarted Gimp and I still can't open a CR file. Any ideas or should I go to the Gimp forums?
 
Picasa is a free program that will open and allow you to do editing with Raw images.
 
I have an inexpensive photo editor, Corel's Paint Shop Pro X2, which works OK but I keep hearing about Gimp so I thought I would give it a look.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom