Adobe Bridge will get all your .raw files from your memory card and convert them to .DNG.
Since DNG is an archival format, it retains pretty much all the image data that was in the RAW file.
So you're still editing a RAW file when editing the DNG.
It also gives you the option to embed the original RAW file within the DNG.
CS2 was the 1st version to have Bridge bundled witth it.
So you certainly have Bridge, you just didn't know it or didn't know you could do it that way.
So there's no misunderstanding, the app is called 'DNG converter' not RAW converter.
It's the same thing.
I'm not trying to say "I know more than you" because you typed it wrong, and I'm not being a word nazi, but I could see someone that's not real experienced not being able to find it because they're looking for "RAW converter".
I know a few people that would surely make that mistake because they're intimidated by working with digital images and think PS is too daunting.
So they second guess themselves, and wouldn't attempt to just try it because they're afraid of making a mistake.
It's the same logic that prevents many people from learning to really use a computer, because to them a computer is powered by some mystical form of magic that's beyond their comprehension.
And if they hit the wrong key or do something wrong, the computer will self destruct.
That phenomenon makes me laugh everytime I encounter it.