Raw files to Jpeg coversion

SandShots

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How do I change raw files to a jpeg conversion?
I shot about 20 frames with my camera half of them raw. Now i need to change the raw to jpeg ir tiff.

i used the eos utility program that came with my camera 40d.

thanks.

Don't know anything about that program specifically, but in most imaging software you click File -> Save As. In the Save As dialog box, there's normally a drop-down menu with different format types.

I use Adobe Lightroom during export I can save as JPG

i uploaded these files to my comp. but i cant view the raw images because the program im using to view them wont support it.

How do I change raw files to a jpeg conversion?
If you don't already have another program, or don't want to buy one, use Digital Photo Professional - it should have came with your camera, probably on the same CD as the utility program you used to transfer the files.

In DPP you can convert them to JPGs or TIFFs.

If you don't already have another program, or don't want to buy one, use Digital Photo Professional - it should have came with your camera, probably on the same CD as the utility program you used to transfer the files.

In DPP you can convert them to JPGs or TIFFs.
DPP is exactly what I'm using, I'm either doing it wrong or I dont know how to. When I click on "Save as" the drop down menu does not give me a file selection to save under jpg or tiff. any tips? I never used program because i always dragged and dropped all my files from my camera to my computer cuz they were small files, now i need to shoot big files and Im shooting raw.

I do want to purchase another program, need something i can work with photos for printing.

I don't normally use DPP but I did just to check it out. If you want to convert to tiff or jpg, just open up DPP. From there you should see the thumbnails of your RAWs. Select the RAW you want converted and then click "file", then "convert and save" or you can just select the RAW to convert then hit your control+D keys. From there, you should be able to select tiff or jpg extension.

I don't normally use DPP but I did just to check it out. If you want to convert to tiff or jpg, just open up DPP. From there you should see the thumbnails of your RAWs. Select the RAW you want converted and then click "file", then "convert and save" or you can just select the RAW to convert then hit your control+D keys. From there, you should be able to select tiff or jpg extension.

okay, im there. update.
to be able to convert the raw files, i have to download them first. they get downloaded into my computer, i now am able to convert the files but it only converts them in DPP. how do i convert the files that are allready saved in my picture files?

In DPP, you have two options. You can either select your picture from the thumbnails and go to File>Convert and save, choose where you want to put the file and click OK. Or you can select multiple images, and click the Batch process button the the top (right side). Then you'll get the box with the options (to resize, rename, etc). Choose your destination and click OK.

...how do i convert the files that are allready saved in my picture files?
Not sure exactly what you mean here...

Do you mean that you have un-converted RAWs (.cr2) mixed in with your JPGs in My Pictures? If so, just find the folder they're in on the little navigation sidebar in DPP. Or move them to wherever you keep your RAWs in Explorer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back