RAW help

canonnite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i decided to turn to raw, but the pictures i take wont upload to my computer, all my pictures on my memory card will show up but them and then a message says they could not be uploaded any reason why?

What program are you using to upload them?

Usually when you buy a camera it comes with a disk that has the software on it to convert your RAW files. If that isn't an option then you will have to find plugins or try and find the software to convert the files. I actually just dowloaded Sony's software like an hour ago haha :)

This situation pops up a couple of times a week.

Each camera maker has a different RAW definition and each camera RAW file is also unique.

So, the RAW .NEF files from a Nikon D90 aren't the same as the RAW .NEF files from a Nikon D700. The RAW .CR2 files from a Canon T1i aren't the same as the RAW .CR2 files from a Canon XSi.

So, it depends what camera you have...........As well as what software you are wanting to use to see the photo's and what OS you use.

At the minimum you could go to www.adobe.com and download their .DNG converter which is a Universal RAW file format.

This actually is my same problem, I am shooting with a T1i, using a PC, and have Lightroom ... allthough it says the file is either corrupted and unable to laod in Lightroom ... any help please?

Sorry to steal from your thead Canonite, hopefully, both questions are similar enough and can help

This actually is my same problem, I am shooting with a T1i, using a PC, and have Lightroom ... allthough it says the file is either corrupted and unable to laod in Lightroom ... any help please?

Sorry to steal from your thead Canonite, hopefully, both questions are similar enough and can help
For Lightroom go to the Adobe site and, you need to download the ACR file for your camera. Or as was said load the disk that came with your camera, which should have a basic RAW editor in it. I shoot Nikon so I dont know what Canon gives with its cameras. But for Lightroom you need the ACR.

Most reactions

Back