RAW versus Jpeg

Well as I have said if you edit your photos in any available editor, you cannot call yourself as a real Pro Photographer instead you’re an Adobe Photoshop (etc) Pro Photographer and that’s why their a short course called “Adobe Photoshop for Photographer” around the net which means for me that your gaining a 2 title to be Adobe Photoshop Pro Photographer… not bad unless you want to have that 2 titles.

Well as I have said if you edit your photos in any available editor, you cannot call yourself as a real Pro Photographer instead you’re an Adobe Photoshop (etc) Pro Photographer and that’s why their a short course called “Adobe Photoshop for Photographer” around the net which means for me that your gaining a 2 title to be Adobe Photoshop Pro Photographer… not bad unless you want to have that 2 titles.

film photographers edit their photos too.. but they do it in a dark room... you've likely opened a whole new can of worms.. have fun..

film photographers edit their photos too.. but they do it in a dark room... you've likely opened a whole new can of worms.. have fun..

Film photographer doesn’t edit their photos using any program editor they use necessary liquid amount to process the film. What if you don’t know how to do it in a dark room & send all your negatives to be print in any kiosk photo print outlet so whatever exposure that you have in that photos will come out that’s what you’re going to get.

The articles that had the links to them had good information!

It would appear, from my untrained eye, that RAW gives you more chances to "fix" a photo as well. Since you dont actually degrade the quality as you fix/edit.

I'll play around with RAW mode after I learn to use my camera proficiently. Yesterday I took several pictures of students, and the senior photographer asked if I could please shoot them in RAW for him. So I did...but didn't know why he wanted them in that format. Now I know he likes to edit them from the Raw Format.

Good links.

I know because I shoot RAW+JPEG (Fine) too! But I want to get their own opinion & explanation between the RAW & JPEG because last night I was dreaming about making a thread like this JPEG vs RAW but when I woke up in the morning I found that you have already made it. :lmao:

Film photographer doesn’t edit their photos using any program editor they use necessary liquid amount to process the film. What if you don’t know how to do it in a dark room & send all your negatives to be print in any kiosk photo print outlet so whatever exposure that you have in that photos will come out that’s what you’re going to get.

Have you ever been in a dark room ? There is a lot of people who have dedicated half their lives to producing perfect prints, try telling them that all you have to do is put the right amount of liquid in a tray. Retouching has been around long before bill gates

Yes, but retouching around before Bill Gates? I don’t think so or maybe… but what kind of software? I haven’t born yesterday so I don’t know about it that there’s a photo editor during old school say 1700 or after the WWII.

Saw a famous example somewhere where Lenin wanted to get rid of some guy in his picture, sound like the clone tool in PS right? With Film you have a darkroom, with Digital, you have Lightroom and PS. They work on a similar basis except one is anolog the other is digital. Hey, they even have similar names.

Yes, but retouching around before Bill Gates? I don’t think so or maybe… but what kind of software? I haven’t born yesterday so I don’t know about it that there’s a photo editor during old school say 1700 or after the WWII.
Obviously software is not used, but there are ways to retouch film prints. I don't know how to make it any simpler.

their "software" was called a darkroom, and it has been around since the late 1800's (don't quote me on this, maybe even earlier)

clearly Error's first language is not English. No offense, but I don't think he is understanding what you guys are saying.

Darkroom using a liquid that very hard to mix to get the right amount to process the images while
Digital Software uses different techniques to enhance the photos and at this generation they call it as a Darkroom, which all we know that is not a darkroom.

Yes English is not my 1st language but I’m not a type of person of the way you talk the way to write because of the phonetics system which is causing a wrong spelling.

A basic run down of a Darkroom on Wikipedia. Notice how it says there are techniques a photographer can use such as dodging and burning (tools that simulate the exact same effect in Adobe's Photo Shop) as well as other techniques.

Darkroom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not software. There are processes that a photographer can use in a darkroom, where chemically developing a physical negative occurs, that will alter the photo from the original film exposure.

What happens for people that can't afford their own dark room and don't have the space so send it off to have it printed at a lab? I don't know. What happens to a digital photographer that doesn't have a computer or the money for Adobe's Photo Shop? They go to wal-mart to have their photos printed?

Plus many print labs, especially professional ones, will offer color correction and touch ups. Does that mean when a professional lab performs the exact same steps to your photos that I do to mine at home, that mine are now art and no longer photographs because I took the initiative to do the corrections myself? :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back