What's new

Re-developed 35mm film from 60's-late 70's

Dom6663

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 28, 2010
Messages
177
Reaction score
29
Location
Colorado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently I was going through my grandfathers old prints and found an old box containing hundreds of film negatives.
My new canon printer can actually scan these film negatives (way cool) anyway I decided to scan some..and will continue to post the images they produce in this thread. Some of them may have some damage to the film due to the age of the film.
As to the re-developed part of the title. It should be scanned. But im going to develope them myself in my dark room one of these days.
312739_202099929852382_100001571292059_558093_540363_n.jpg

205935_202138783181830_100001571292059_558188_1630899_n.jpg
 
I used a custom setting on my printer to scan a few pre 1900 japanese magic lantern art slides. Not the same as kodachrome obviously! Just thought id share my experience of scanning slides

Edit: Also why do you need 25,000 to scan these slides?
 
Can you scan them with modern printers? or does that damage the film.
I was born in '94 so film isnt my...specialty

If I'm gonna scan 'em, I have two choices.... use a commercial company that owns high-end equipment, or buy the same high-end equipment and scan them myself. Either way, lots of money involved.

I recall reading where K25 has the equivalent of a 25mp digital image. I doubt many desktop scanners are capable of recording that much information. If I'm going to spend any scratch to digitize my K25 collection, it's gonna get done right the first time around.
 
:popcorn:
 
Have 50 or so photos scanned. Dont feel like going through them at the moment. But heres this one
302616_202180496510992_100001571292059_558299_299865_n.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom