Re-Introducing myself because I have not been active in a long time!

TarterTurtle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All! My Name is Nathan, A few years back, I found this forum and the people here really jumpstarted my photography journey. I think I was 13 years old and the kindest person I haven't met gifted me my first camera, a Pentax K1000. Sense then I have taken thousands of photographs, successfully developed most of my black and white film, and unsuccessfully developed the remaining black and white film. I have collected several cameras sense the K1000. A Yashica A, A Nikon FE, and a Nikon D7100. All are serving me amazingly. I have a darkroom that I can quickly setup and takedown in my bathroom, and Ive got tons and tons of film from grandparents and my great-grandfather.
All of this I think I owe to this forum. So I really just want to thank you all for setting me off on my photography journey. Besides photography here are some other things I do. I play guitar, I have several guitars one I even built myself. I'm starting to get into Amateur Radio too. I bike everywhere still, with 50 pounds or so of cameras in my backpack.
Again, Thanks to this forum for getting me started, and I hope to be more active in the future!

-Nathan Griffith

Nice little story. Welcome back. How's the Nikon FE treating you...it's a good one.

Nice little story. Welcome back. How's the Nikon FE treating you...it's a good one.
I love my FE, there is something going on in the viewfinder, near the light meter. Almost seems like something is separating in there but the needle gets stuck on it sometimes. But besides that it works amazing. One of my favorite parts about it is its ability to use Non-Ai lenses

I remember you!! Recognized the screen name and remember the story about the camera, etc. Cool that you stayed with shooting B&W film and doing your own darkroom work. Glad you came back and nice of you to thank those who helped you, not a lot of people bother to go out of their way to thank people.

Welcome back darkroom rat.

I love my FE, there is something going on in the viewfinder, near the light meter. Almost seems like something is separating in there but the needle gets stuck on it sometimes. But besides that it works amazing. One of my favorite parts about it is its ability to use Non-Ai lenses
Try removing the focusing screen and use a rocket Blower to remove any debris in there, don't use canned air though.

Welcome back kindred spirit. I also play guitar, focused on blues, and have a few guitars. I love riding my bikes, one road and the other mountain. I started out in film, had a full darkroom, and still shoot some Tri-X 400 and develop it myself, then scan it in for post processing. The vast majority of my shots are digital now. I've found quite a few on this forum with similar interests. Glad you are back and am looking forward to seeing some of your images.

As Nikon mentioned ... if you pop down the focus screen. Put it in a safe place. You will see the light meter needle at the top left. Carefully examine the needle movement above the plastic number plate ... lightly try to blow out that area.
Changing Focusing Screens in the Nikon FM/FE/FA

Did you ever find a medium format camera?
Opps, I just realized you listed a Yashica A.

Last edited:
Did you ever find a medium format camera?
Opps, I just realized you listed a Yashica A.
Yup! It’s been working great for me, or at least had been until last week haha. The focus wheel started freewheeling. I think I know what I need to do to fix it, but it may be a bigger problem then it looks. Hopefully it’s not a huge problem

Sounds like the bolt in the focus wheel has come loose.
You have to pop off the plastic cover and tighten it.

This is a Yashica-D ... the A should be similar

1656979931939.png

Most reactions

Back